Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Florida Roadtrip - Day 5 and 6
******



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



I actually received this message in my fortune cookie at the chinese buffet a few days ago.

Figures...

At any rate...Here are more entries from my road trip to Florida

****
Day 5 - September 27th, 2006

The morning after our trip to Disneyworld, A friend, Angie woke me up with an invitation to the beach. I excitedly pulled on my swimgear only to have to leave the beach after an hour because it started to rain.

The sky cleared up and we picked up my bestfriend who had just woken up after returning from Dialysis. We all headed towards old town, Saint Augustine to check out the historic district.

It was beautiful... Old buildings from the 1700's, statues, waterfountains and horses pulling carriages. It's the oldest town in the U.S.A. Here are some pictures from our walk.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This is the oldest house in all of Saint Augustine. Here is a blurb about the history.

"This is reputedly one of the oldest houses in the U.S. It sits on a site that has been occupied by Europeans since the early 1600's. The present structure, also known as the González-Alvarez house, was built sometime around 1702 out of coquina, a soft, local shell-rock. One of the owners was Tomás González, a soldier stationed at the Castillo San Marcos. Another was Geronimo Alvarez, who bought the house in 1790, which stayed in his family for nearly 100 years."

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That was the ancient door knocker on the oldest house in America that has remained preserved for centuries..

We returned to the car as the sun was setting and rain began to fall again. Then we began to drive around town pulling together the cake and party favors for Heather's surprise birthday party. She had taken a day trip with Michael and was due to return in the evening. It was her birthday and we wanted to make it special

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


She returned after midnight and we all screamed out surprise. We had a fun night that stretched until the early morning hour. One part of the night included a 3 A.M. car drive that I will never...ever forget.

What occured during that car ride is a secret that I will take to my grave. It involved a lot of laughter and it brought all of us closer.

It also involved sunglasses.

That's all I can reveal.

I stayed up talking with my bestfriend until 7 A.M., eventually we both passed out from sheer exhaustion. It reminded me of the sleepover parties we had during our teen years. It also reminded me of why we have been bestfriends for over 10 years.

****

Day 6 - September 28th, 2006

This is was our last day in Florida.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We all went to Outback for lunch and then headed one more time to the beach.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The sun was setting and everything was various shades of pastels.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Angie, Heather and I ran across the soft sand into the ocean. The water was so warm and lapped around our bodies. We let the waves knock us over and floated in the current. It was so relaxing. I gazed up at the pink clouds moving across the sky. The beach was almost entirely empty...It was just sublime.

I miss Florida beaches. Nothing can compare to them.

Then I had to say Goodbye to my bestfriend. I hate goodbyes....

I'm so grateful that I had the opportunity to see her again... if all goes well she'll be visiting New York in December.

Then we hit the road again.

Next destination: Georgia

"My dad lives in the mountains...in the middle of nowhere...", Heather explained during the car ride.

I thought that might have been a slight exagerration.

It WASN'T.

To be continued...
 
posted by Clarity25 at 3:15 PM |


8 Comments:


At October 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

lol Great fortune cookie!

Love the pictures!

At October 12, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

As usual, your pictures are amazing! At least the fortune cookie told you you could pick another one.

At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I *HEART* that fortune cookie!!!!! The pics...WOWZERS!!!!!!! So fantastic as always girl!

At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

That is SO funny, just a few weeks ago The Boy and I were walking around St. Augustine holding hands and eating really nice ice cream! And you went right by where I live in Georgia and didn't say hi! I'm still offended about that. ;)

At October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I like the fortune cookie. :) And why won't people swim when it rains? Especially if it's a nice warm rain, I think that's the best time to swim. As long as it isn't too dark. Maybe I'm odd.

At October 12, 2006, Blogger Rosie 

I love that fortune cookie photograph. It actually fits my own fortunes in the last week, and I was wondering if it would be okay with you if I could download it and use it on one of my blog posts.

At October 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

i heard you took more pics....where the hell are they!!!

At October 16, 2006, Blogger Mike B 

I miss Florida beaches too. When I was in Australia, I was shown world-renowned Bondi Beach, which I think might have been one mile long from where I was looking. One of my Australian friends wanted to beat the hell out of me for saying it was "ok for such a small beach," and then proceeded to rag on Cocoa Beach, which they said was not so great ... Sounds like Beach-envy to me.



<body>