Friday, October 06, 2006
Florida road trip: Day 3 and 4
Things have been pretty hectic around these parts for the past few days. I didn't have much chance to log online. Eric and I have been doing some more renovation in the house on his day off and trying to get back into the swing of things since my vacation. There is a lot going on right now. I feel this pressure in my chest and a bit of stress at the moment.

But here are more of the journal entries and pictures from last weeks trip...

*****

September 25th, 2006 - Day 3

We hit the road in the afternoon for Orlando to go to Pleasure Island. It was a 2 and a half hour ride filled with interesting conversation. I was in the backseat, sitting in the middle between Angie and Michael. My bestfriend and Heather were in the front.

We checked into a Motel right next to DownTown Disney, All five of us sharing 2 beds. I felt like I was back in college during springbreak.

We drank Smirnoff Ices out of 24 ounce bottles and laughed about how we hadn't done that in a while.

I had never been to Pleasure Island before. I loved the atmosphere. Music blasting on the walkways. People ran by drunk and laughing. We hopped from club to club taking in the different music. From the B.E.T. club blasting rap music, to the top 40 jam packed club with 3 levels, live bands, A gay club with a floor that revolved in circles, dry ice and blinding strobing lights. I loved the eighties club.

At one point Heather and Angie were dancing in one of the 2 level clubs. I went to the second level with Michael and filmed the crowd of people moving to the beat and The movie screen showing Justin Timberlake singing "SexyBack". Here is the short video...




Heather was running around with her birthday tiara and knocking back Long Island Iced Teas like there was no tomorrow. We were all cracking up by the end of the night...

We came back with overpriced wine to continue drinking... . The last I remember is eating McDonalds indian style on the motel bed while my bestfriend was laughing about something.

....I woke up on the next morning on the floor....

Um.

Yeah.

******

September 26th, 2006 - Day 4

After a long search for Heather's Birthday Tiara...which was sadly M.I.A., we checked out of the motel and had breakfast at Ponderosa.

Then hit the road for Disney World. As we approached the signs for The Magic Kingdom... Heather started blasting "Under the Sea" from Little Mermaid.

Yes, We went from responsible Twenty-somethings... to teenagers at Pleasure Island.. we continued our regression even further back to our childhood.

...And I was enjoying every minute of it because I was with my bestfriend and Heather. Frankly there is no one else in the world that I could do this with.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Once we entered Disney, we had another surprise for my bestfriend.

I had secretly invited another one of our friend's from childhood and my buddy from my bartending days, Tara to join us at the Magic Kingdom. She showed up and pinched my Bestfriend from behind.

She spun around and screamed out in surprise.

The three of us had not been together for so many years, it was an incredible reunion.

As we walked through Disney's Mainstreet. Heather was stopped by the Barbershop Quartet. It was her birthday and she was given a special pin at the entrance. They sang Happy Birthday to her in the center of the park... She was blushing and laughing.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Unfortunately we saw dark storm clouds looming over Cinderella's castle...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


and it wasn't long before an immense downpour..


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


When the weather cleared my bestfriend caught sight of her favorite character and broke into a run...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No Pooh isn't leaning over with stomach pains, he's holding his belly and laughing...

I think.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


There was a Country Bear Jamboree hoe down in the middle of everything. All I could think was how those bears looked completely drunk and positively terrifying... Am I the only one that thinks this?

The best part was the fireworks at the end of the night. I've been to Disney World twice before in my life. Once at age 14, and another time at age 19. We had never stayed long enough to see the fireworks display.

For the first time I saw it and this time with two of my closest friends in the world. Two people I never imagined I'd ever go to Disney World with... .

Here is a small video clip I took of the fireworks



Unfortunately my battery died just before the grand finale. There is another person on Youtube that DID catch it on film. I'm posting their video too because it really WAS spectacular especially for those who have never seen it.




Afterwards We bid a sad farewell to Tara (who seriously made my day by showing up!) and We drove home, My bestfriend was exhausted and weak but smiling. She had dialysis at 4:30 A.M.

But it was truly an amazing and unforgettable experience. In all honesty, Disney World in itself isn't all that spectacular, it's really who you are with that makes it great.

I sound so sappy, but I'm really happy to be here in Florida....I can't help it.

To be continued. ...
 
posted by Clarity25 at 4:41 PM |


8 Comments:


At October 06, 2006, Blogger Brandy 

I spit out my tea when I saw the bears! They are totally drunk off of some bear moonshine!!!
Then I scrolled down and read what you wrote!(they are suppose to be bumbling slow bears right? I don't think I've seen this disney movie)
I love your photos as always!
have a good weekend!

At October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Omg, the bears had me cracking up too. Yes, they look like recovering alcoholics. As a child I would run away crying.

The fireworks are beautiful!

Great pics! I love the castle photo!

From, Tish

At October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Sounds like such a fun time! I'm probably the only person on this planet that has not been to Disney World! I have to change that!

At October 07, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

I'm so glad you had a good time (and how could you not have a good time at the happiest place on earth). I think all those giant characters are creepy and weird. Your pictures are great!

At October 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

lmfao... some sick part of me LOVES that image of the stormy Cinderella's castle. :)

I've never been there before.

At October 07, 2006, Blogger Mike B 

I took the Partnerin to Disneyworld a few years ago. She seemed to enjoy it, with the exception of the "It's a Small World" ride, which, in retrospect, does seem to have qualities that would make it some sort of CIA interrogation chamber of horrors (I always wanted to make it the "It's a Small World Shooting Gallery"). What she really liked was Epcot, which we both joked about as being the American way of seeing the world without the bother of getting a passport. Hope the trip and seeing your friend were a good booster.

At October 09, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

I've never been to Disney World, just Disneyland and I have to say that the Country Bear Jamboree has always been a favorite of my family. But we're a little off, so that could explain it. ;-)

And Pooh is my favorite, too! I got my picture taken with him the last time I was in Disneyland - 1998 or 1999. Don't tell my brother but I had fun that day. ;-)

At October 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

i thought you had pics of the trip we all took to things house...where are those?i had such a great time with all of you...when are we going to do it again...same time next year?...please....lol....you can bring eric this time if you want....please?.....i miss and love you guys...see you in december!!!!! who are we going to stalk then....heheheh



<body>