Wednesday, August 23, 2006
A Happy Day!
I haven't been updating this photoblog as often as I used to with my own pictures because my old camera was on it's last legs and dying. The flash is broken, it's falling apart and pieces are missing. It shuts down for no reason and gives error signs.

I received my Camera two and a half years ago.



It cost 130 dollars and was a scratched floor model. I loved it and carried around with me everywhere. Almost all of the pictures in this photoblog were taken with that camera. The zoom never worked but it didn't matter, I was happy to just have a camera at all. When it started giving me serious problems, I was really upset.

This morning I received a birthday package in the mail from my mother.

When I opened it and saw the contents my eyes filled with tears. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't even move...



I was looking down at my dream camera! A new Sony Cybershot. 6.0 Megapixels, 12x optical zoom and an image stabilizing system. It seemed too good to be true. I had to pinch myself...I was just so happy.

I have a new camera!!

I know to most people this probably doesn't seem like that big of a deal but I've wanted this camera for over a year. I never could afford it (Even though it's reasonably priced) We've just been financially struggling lately.

My Mother is amazing! I can't even begin to say how much gratefulness I feel inside.

I can start taking pictures again!

This is the first one I took with my new camera, just to test it out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I'm floored by how vibrant the colors are and how clear the image is. I could go on and on about this, but I just wanted to share my good news. Eric feels like it's his birthday too, He's playing with the new camera right now as I type this. We're both like two overjoyed kids with a brand new toy.

This has been such a happy day for me.



********



Today we visited a very familiar home...


My friend from highschool moved to Florida and she's selling her old house. She and I grew up together. I would ride my bike over to her house on the weekends and I spent countless summers there. Her basement was the main hangout for our group of friends.

That house is filled with beautiful memories and it's sad that she's selling it. It's strange to think that she no longer lives there.

Since she's currently in another state. She asked if we could help her fix up the old property a bit for the future owners.

First task: Mowing the lawn

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Eric mowed and I walked ahead of him removing all the debri from his path. Branches, Big rocks, and pieces of wood.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Unfortunately it was a more difficult job then we anticipated because the bag kept falling out and the sun was pounding down on us.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


But we'll suffer for a good friend...(who just happens to be reading this)...that's how much we love her.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


That's a few pictures of Eric after a hard days work on that sweltering front lawn... The hours of toil definitely beat down on him. *as you can see*. No... he didn't ham it up for the camera at all, I swear. :)

We tried to get into the backyard, but the poison ivy and vines prevented us...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


see?

I really think my friend shouldn't sell her house and just move back to New York...

we miss her here.


 
posted by Clarity25 at 11:45 AM |


17 Comments:


At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Congratulations on getting a new camera! I know you've wanted that for a loooong time and I'm very happy for you! That's so cool! Does that mean you'll be updating every day now? ;)

btw Eric is very photogenic!

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Boo's Mama 

Yay for the new camera! I hope everything else is going well, too. ♥

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

I'm so happy your mom got that camera for you! The pictures are amazing! Can't wait to see more.

At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'm so glad you got a new camera! I've always loved your photos but the ones with the new camera are just gorgeous. I hope you will be posting lots more!

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

I need a new camera too!! Tell your mom thanks from me now you will be forced to update even more!!

At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Those are some hot lawnmower pictures. :P Oh, and congrats on the new camera.

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Yay!!! On the new camera. Your mom is so cool!!! And I have to say that the new pics do seem to pop with color. I'm so happy for you!

And you're such good people helping out a friend in need like that. I despise mowing the grass - I did it enough as a kid - that's why I live in an apt.! ;-)

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Brandy 

I think the last photo in the triptich is Erics signature pose, his "blue steel"!
Weirdly from the back he looks just like my man, same mop of hair!

I'm so happy you got a new camera! I know how happy you must be!!

At August 24, 2006, Blogger kschic 

What a wonderful surprise! We'd better see alot more pictures from now on!

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Holden 

lovely gift. i'd be jumping for joy if my mother was THAT perceptive. =)

hope to see more pictures from this blog soon!

At August 24, 2006, Blogger warcrygirl 

Oh cool! That one looks like mine (Kodak EasyShare Z700) and I jut love it. It does have limitations but when I can justify spending $1,000 on my dream camera I'll be happy with this one. Oh yeah, and I'm totally going to try to take some pics on the sly, maybe they'll turn out as good as yours.

At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Wow your mom is the best!! I miss those partys in the basement, its been sooo long! You guys are so great mowin her lawn!

At August 24, 2006, Blogger Unknown 

That camera is AMAZING. You are a very lucky woman. Now you have a great camera and a hamming-it-up hot husband. You two are so great. Grats sweetie.

At August 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Awesome camera! I have one pretty close to it and it's great! I'm sure you'll get your use out of yours than I do. Have fun!!

At August 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

You have a great mom!! Good news on the new camera, and have fun taking lots of pics for your photoblog!

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love the pictures in your blog. My only complaint is that you always post pictures of Eric and you're NEVER in the shots. I would like to see more of the beautiful girl behind this creative photography blog. :)

At September 10, 2006, Blogger Kathy 

Your pictures are amazing Clarity, and that new camera looks amazing!



<body>