Sunday, August 20, 2006
Part One: Rome, Florence and Venice
My mother returned from her two week trip to Europe. She said the entire experience felt like a dream. She returned with over 500 photographs.

I've always wanted to travel to Italy, so I found the images fascinating. My father took all of them and he has a unique eye when it comes to photography. I thought I'd share a few of the pictures taken during their vacation.

Rome


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This picture was taken during the train ride to Florence.



Florence



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Venice




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That looks like such a postcard shot. I can't even imagine what it must have been like to see that in real life.



Next stop was Prague. It has such a different feel, I'll just post them in another entry later on this week.

It's nice to have my Mother home again. She's still glowing from this romantic trip with my father.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 7:36 PM |


16 Comments:


At August 20, 2006, Blogger Brandy 

OMG. How beautiful! None of it looks real! I'm absolutely green with envy that your mother got to see all that. I love that this is what she wanted to do for her birthday and she did it!
She must just be walking on air!

At August 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Your dad does have a good eye with the camera! Those pictures are beautiful.

At August 21, 2006, Blogger Holden 

I've always wanted to go to Venice. Your mom is very fortunate.

At August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Happy Birthday greetings to your Mom:)

I'm glad she was able to celebrate her 50th in Italy after waiting so long for it. Beautiful photos. I'm dying to go to Venice!

At August 21, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

Wow Great pics!! Tell PaPa San that when he gets out of the service he could make a living taking post card pics!!

At August 21, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

The pictures are amazing! I'm so glad your mom had a wonderful time. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures (to compare Prague to Moscow!).

At August 21, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

What gorgeous pictures. I'm so glad your Mom and Dad had such a good trip.

At August 21, 2006, Blogger warcrygirl 

Abslutely gorgeous! I can see where you get your talent for photography from. ;)

At August 21, 2006, Blogger Sarcomical 

makes me desperate to go. :( wah.

great pics though, looks gorgeous.

At August 21, 2006, Blogger The Queen 

Oh my goodness...those pictures of Florence seriously made me homesick...I got a punch in the stomach feeling and almost cried. I am so glad that your mother had such a great time. I am infinitely jealous. xoxo - me

At August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Great pictures!

I went to Italy on Vacation last year! I just traveled to Rome and it was gorgeous. I think I'm going to try to plan a trip to Venice next year. Italy is the most romantic place in the world!

I'm an idiot, but is Prague also in Italy?

At August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

what a coincidence, i just got to florence in the pictures i have to post for my blog. those look a lot like the ones i have up so far, except yours look professional. i'm just now figuring out all the tricks with contrast and saturation for that postcardy feel. one day i'll take pictures like those!

At August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I thought Michelangelo's David was indoors? Or is that a replica? Italy looks lovely! Did they see the Sistine Chapel ceiling?

At August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Those photos are amazing - looking at them made me want to go back to Italy as soon as possible.

At August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Portia, all the real sculptures are inside and out of the elements but there are tons of replicas outdoors in Florence around the museums.

At August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Those pics are fabulous! Your dad has a great eye!



<body>