Saturday, August 26, 2006
A day off
Someone left a comment complaining that I only post pictures of my husband and I'm never in any of the shots. I prefer to remain the elusive blogger and just use photography to show every day life through my eyes.

However sometimes I make exceptions, there you go....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Today Eric had the day off. We went shopping together. That's a photograph of him trying on a pair of jeans. (As you can see, I just snuck into the men's dressing room with him.).

Afterwards we were in the mood for German food and Eric was feeling a bit homesick. There are very few places here where I live that serves anything remotely similar to a traditional German meal. We ended up at Boston Market. Close enough...

I realize that my new camera has a movie video recording function. I tried it out in the car on our way to a Second Hand shop after lunch. This one is for All-on-Paper ;)

***video will be back up soon****

Okay, I know what's running through your mind after viewing that clip. You're thinking: "Clarity your videos *really* suck." Alright Yes. This is true. But In my defense... the footage is so shaky because Eric was pressing on the car brake to the beat of "Laura" by the Scissor Sisters, causing me to rock back and forth. Hey it's a start....It's a fifteen second intimate glimpse into our daily life.

At the second hand shop I bought this for only 2.99:


It was my favorite movie from 10 years ago. I loved it so much in highschool that I had convinced the owner of our local video store to sell me the official rental copy off the shelf for 15 dollars. He sold it under the table. In college we watched it in my dorm room so many times that it had lines running through the middle of it. Eventually my Senior year I lent it to a friend and she lost it. I never saw it again... When I stumbled on this video today at the second hand shop I was thrilled. Does it anyone remember this film?

Eric and I are going to curl up together on the sofa and watch it right now. So I'm off...

I'll leave you with this. The creepiest looking porcelain doll I've ever seen.



It was about 4 feet tall (like a life size Linda Blair replica) and resided in the antique section of the shop. It was priced at 50 dollars, and it's purple eyes seemed to follow me around the store. Certain porcelain dolls are up there with Clowns on the creep out scale in my book. I'm sure it's head spins entirely around when no one is watching. Who would buy that thing?

 
posted by Clarity25 at 11:16 PM |


17 Comments:


At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

A four feet fall porcelein doll with purple eyes?! That's disturbing! I liked the video! I hope you post more. you have a nice laugh and I'm a big fan of the Scissor Sisters.:) I remember Empire Records and it was one of my favorites!

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

porclin dolls freak me out tooo!!!!i hate them! and for some reason unexplained to me in my teen years i recievedalot of them!!lol....don't get to stressed over taras house i am sure any work you guys do will be appreciated by june!!!! i miss you guys s much!!!! i can not believe how the artistic gene has carried through your family ..ambers artwork is awesome!!! i still have a pic she drew when she was like 2....it is of a face ...the placing of everthing is dead on....sigh...they grow up so fast!!! i am amazed that 2 people ..you and your dad can be so diff. yet so similiar.....it is eerie....(did i spell that right?) anyway his pics makeme want to fly away even more so than usual!!!!!
love
michelle

At August 27, 2006, Blogger Holden 

when i was a kid, i had a couch full of soft toys.

my mom would arrange all of them out for me to see...amongst them were a doll just like the one you have ('cept that mine wasn't THAT big) and a toy clown; both were the ONLY TWO i would stay clear from.

they looked spooky. i'm still afraid of clowns and dolls that look like that.haha.

At August 27, 2006, Blogger Unknown 

Clarity, I must say it again... you two are just too cute. Honestly. Hehe. That video was adorable and you sneaking in the dressing room with him? Priceless. Nice to see you enjoying your camera.

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

LOVE Empire Records. Don't love the doll. eek

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

of course i remember that movie! love it.

the doll sooo would not even make it in my front door. dolls are so creepy. a friend of mine used to collect them and had them all lined up on shelves in a corner of her room. i would not sleep over there. couldn't pay me to do it.

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Nice foot, clarity! Fun home video clip too even though it was a little shaky there. lol

Empire Records = Great movie
that porcelain doll = creepy as fuck

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Woo hoo! Random footage of Eric doing random things. I think you should start a series. :)

At August 27, 2006, Blogger Brandy 

A friend of mines great aunt bought all these porcelein dolls off of the shopping network(she bought a lot of other shit off there too) she had so many she slept on her sofa because she put them all in her room. Most of them still had the plastic bags over their heads. It was so bizarre and freaky.

That video was hilarious. I love the Scissor Sisters, I'm seeing them in October! I wonder what the other drivers thought of Eric's creative driving!

At August 27, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

The longer I wait to call the cops the more I look like a bananna head.

You don't look like a bananna head Joe.

At August 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

You guys are cute!

At August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

i do not like the upper west side....i can not get in the door...i went back to my old house in the hood and posted a new comment....move it if you want ..whatever.....i do not care...maybe you can tell me how to get in again ..or maybe it is a sign!!!!

At August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

That doll is truly freaky. I might have nightmares about it. I LOVE Empire Records. When they play "Romeo and Juliet" at the end...yup, love that movie.

At August 28, 2006, Blogger Rosie 

I am also a lover of "Empire Records" and have seen it numerous times. It was always the default sleepover movie in Jr. High. I had a minor celebrity crush on the guy who yells "SHOPLIFTER!!!" in that one part.

At August 28, 2006, Blogger Rosie 

I am also a lover of "Empire Records" and have seen it numerous times. It was always the default sleepover movie in Jr. High. I had a minor celebrity crush on the guy who yells "SHOPLIFTER!!!" in that one part.

At August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I remember that film! That was a great film. That porcelein doll is seriously very creepy. If someone gave me that I couldn't even give it houseroom in case I came down for a glass of water and found the bloody thing wandering about looking psychotic. Hate the things. Possibly due to a very disturbing film I watched when I was about 11.

At August 29, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Darn, I missed the video. *sigh* This is where my age is against me. I never even heard of that movie!



<body>