Sunday, September 03, 2006
Natural History
On Friday we took an early train into Manhattan.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I love mornings in the city. The sky was overcast and there was a cool breeze. We decided to walk the 43 blocks from Penn Station to Central Park. These were some photos taken during the walk.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Construction workers during their lunchbreak

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An indie movie being filmed on the steps to the entrance of Central park

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


<Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We relaxed on the Central Park benches with cups of coffee and just talked.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Outside the Museum of Natural History

It's been years since I went to this Museum. I have a lot of memories from my childhood. It was my favorite museum to visit and it always fascinated me. Eric went here only once before at age 4 during a trip to America with his mother.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


We left at six and took the Subway back to Penn Station

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I fell asleep on the train ride with my head resting against Eric's shoulder and his arm around me. It was a relaxing day trip. I wish we could have more days like this.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 2:39 PM |


8 Comments:


At September 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Amazing pictures. You have a great new camera. And that looks like the perfect way to spend a day to me.

At September 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love the picture of the flying turtle, how you got it head-on. Nice! -Acorn

At September 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

WOW. Beautiful!

There's this big jump in the quality of your photos since you got that new camera. I like the muted color feeling in a lot of your pics and the artistic feel.

I need to take a trip into Manhattan one of these days.

At September 04, 2006, Blogger Holden 

I can tell you had a beautiful time out. =)

I'd walk round town with my boyfriend and we'd take regular trips to the museum whenever we can.

At September 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I absolutely LOVE the construction workers photo. The moment and the emotion in that photo is great.

At September 05, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

What an idyllic day! Thank you for the rhino pic. They are so incredibly beautiful!

At September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Those are awesome pictures. I moved my personal journal, so it's much easier to access and nothing's passworded any more. http://rogue.wickedgoodonline.com . Wickedgoodonline.com, the main site, will continue to host my links and blips and such.

At September 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

wow i haven't been here in ages,the last time i was here you were still in germany waiting...lol

i love the image of the construction workers, its an awesome capture :)

wow lovely new camera too.



<body>