Saturday, April 22, 2006
Anniversaries and Haircuts


Thank you everyone for your Happy Anniversary wishes, I read them all out loud to Eric. It really brightened our day!

Today is rainy, overcast and chilly. We're a little stressed out about a certain decision we have to reach. It's too complex to describe in a photoblog entry.

So I'll write up a quick recap of Thursday instead. The day of our 4 year Anniversary was warm and sunny. We had a romantic morning and went out for breakfast. We worked a few hours in the office and left early to celebrate.

We popped open and bottle of champagne in the winter garden



Afterwards we went out to eat at Eric's favorite place. "The Argentina Steakhouse". The last time we went there was over a year ago during my parents visit. He has dreamt about it ever since.


The meal was amazing, they were playing an album in the restaurant that we used to listen to in College together. "Manu Chao" -- It brought back all these memories.

"Imagine I had decided NOT to go to College in America or you had decided to go to a different University", Eric said thoughtfully "We would have never met..."

"What do you think you'd be doing right now if our paths in life hadn't crossed?"

"That's a really scary thought" He contemplated this

We began to describe alternate scenarios, life paths, jobs, living situations. It chilled me to the bone to even envision it. I realized how much he has changed my life, how much he means to me, how we hold eachother up and support each other.

"Actually I can't imagine what my life would be like without you. It's too difficult to even fanthom. I feel like you've always been a part of my life." I said quietly.

You know, come to think of it...If I never met Eric.. I wouldn't even be typing this entry right now. The reason I started an online blog in the first place was to document my experiences abroad and keep my sister updated.

After desert we went to see an English film showing in CineStar. "The Inside Job". (A surprisingly good film). We returned home and lay in bed talking until 5 A.M.

****

When Eric saw the photos of himself in the previous entry, He started laughing "Oh man!! I need a haircut.. BAD!"

"Well..you ARE starting to look a bit like David Cassidy..."



"No, My hairstyle is beginning to look more like Farah Fawcett!", Eric commented



"It's not THAT bad..yet", I laughed

So today Eric walked to the Hair Salon and had his hair cut! He did it on his own free will. (Unlike last time -- My D-land friends might remember the hair poll of 2005)

It's a drastic change, I didn't even recognize him when he returned. it just cut it all off incredibly short. I nearly fell over backwards. Here is a Before and After shot




He looks so much...younger. I ran my fingers though the short hair and he looked at himself in the mirror.

"Oh lord..now I look like Russel Crowe!", He moaned remorsefully.

"You look fine..trust me!"
He's not 100% happy with it, but hair grows back. I like it.

I'll leave off with a new video. It was taken a few weeks ago. It's a shot of the church close to our old flat, and Eric walks into the view at one point. This the first time I ever posted live footage of him. So enjoy. Sorry the quality is so crappy and there is no sound.




Now, I'm going to catch up on some blogs that I missed this week. I finally have some time online.

One last thing....

Happy Birthday Becks. (click on her link to see some cool pics she posted last week that completely made my day! - She's a great friend and I'm wishing her the best on her special day!)
 
posted by Clarity25 at 3:22 PM |


10 Comments:


At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The new haircut looks nice on Eric! Cool footage by the way. Happy Belated Anniversary guys. I just got back from Vacation and I'm catching up on your archive.

At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love his haircut! Wow, his hair sure grows fast. What a handsome son-in-law I have! And "Happy Anniversary" again! I still remember that beautiful day!

At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Cool live footage of Eric. You so have to make him do stuff on camera now to share with us. Please? Oh, Happy Anniversary! And what's wrong with looking like Russell Crowe? Nothin.

At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

All-on-paper, I really have no idea why you'd want to see me in a movie or whatever:). But if you have a specific request, I think I can accomodate. Nothing that will get me in jail though. Please.

Erin, What a wonderful comment to get from my beautiful mother-in-law I hope you'll still feel that way when you have to look at my face for months on end!:)

And thanks Stacey for the compliment on my weird haircut.

and as far as Russell Crowe goes. It just isn't my style

At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hey guys! It was great chatting with you Eric - and don't worry, you DON'T look like Russel Crowe. I hope things get moving with the embassy next week. Clarity - I sent you an email asking about your private diary password, but I'm not sure I sent it to the right place... would you mind emailing it to me if you get the chance? Goodnight you two! :)

At April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Oh, you don't know my sense of humor, Eric. You buttering toast or mowing a lawn on camera would crack me up. The more ridiculous and pointless the better. But I think I'm going to go with Clarity's suggestion of you dancing. Yes. Dance, Eric, dance! It would make my day. :-D

At April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The David and Farah pics made me laugh! I think the haircut WAS a good decision Eric!

And I agree with A-I-P. Lets see you dance!;).

Happy Anniversary. Sounds like the perfect day.

At April 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

At first glance the champange looks like a smoking cauldron, until you scroll down and see the bottle neck.
It was nice chatting yesterday with you Eric, and trust all the ladies when we say your hair looks lovely...now just work on that mustache.

At April 24, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Oooh, I love champagne!!

And that's what I always say when someone thinks my hair is too short (I've never thought my hair was too short, not even the time Julius called me Susan Powter), "It's hair, it'll grow back." Unfortunately. ;-)

I think Eric looks quite attractive with short and with long hair.

At April 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I think Eric's hair looks MUCH better. ;) And thanks so much for the Happy B-Day wishes! You're too sweet.



<body>