Saturday, April 15, 2006
Easter Break
Well, It's official.

We now have a stalker.

She responds to the name "Cha Cha"


She waits for us, hidden in the bushes next to our private downstairs entrance. As soon as we approach, she emerges from the shadows. Her eyes glittering and she blocks the doorway. The meowing begins.

When we open the shades, I see her watching us. Just silently.

It's getting a little creepy now.

I threatened to press harassment charges, but she's not taking me seriously...apparently. We devote our mornings to her service. Every demand she makes, we submit to them. It's just not enough. She wants more and more. Everywhere I go....there she is.

Our boss isn't returning for another 7 days.

****

We're in the middle of a 4 day Easter Vacation from work. It's nice having time off to just unwind.

Yesterday we took a walk through nature. I let Eric lead the way because he seemed to know where he was going. He handed me a walking stick. The woods seemed to stretch on forever...




We ended up in an old German village from the 1600's. Everything was preserved and historical.

we climbed up the ladder and entered the old windmill. The floors were creaky and bent underneath our weight. I was certain it was going to cave in. It's amazing how it held up for so many centuries. This was the view of the little town from the small window.

All the houses were abandoned, but left open for the public.

The insides of the homes were musty, dusty and smelled of mildew. It contained the original furniture..



There was such a feeling of history. You could imagine the ghosts of the people that used to live in these homes wandering about. This is a picture of the last inhabitants of this particular little home.

Happy looking couple...

I wonder what their life was like..

****

We continued on and walked down a pathway in an open field. The weather was beautiful.

There were a lot of holes dug up, little piles of dirt everywhere.

"Mole hills", Eric said.

"There are HUNDREDS of them.. they must have been busy"

"This is the work of about 5 moles" Eric observed "Gutrud's father used to smoke them out of their holes and then smash them with a shovel over the head when they emerged. Tossed their bodies in the trash"

I just stared at him in horror.

"I know, It's brutal" He said "I was really disturbed when I saw him do that as a child"

"That's horrible! Couldn't he just put it in a little cage and release it somewhere else??", I asked "I mean it's one thing if you're killing the mole to feed your family but..."

"haha..We're having Mole tonight, honey!"

We reached the "tierpark"(animal park). It's a free nature preserve with a lot of wildlife. Bears, birds, farm animals..etc.




I couldn't believe how perfect the day turned out.

I took this picture at the end of the day during our walk home.

After that we went to "Asia Town" and "Dockside".

Today my legs ache though. We walked miles yesterday and I'm paying for it. In 2 hours we have to meet our friend, Bastian. We're having a Sushi Night in his apartment. Tomorrow we're taking an "Easter Walk" (whatever that is...) with some other friends. I wish there was a way to transport ourselves to America so I could spend Easter with my family. I'm feeling a bit homesick. Holidays like Easter and Christmas never feel the same in a foreign country.

Thank you for your T.V. Show suggestions. I printed out the comments section to the previous entry and handed it to Eric. He just left for Karstadt with it. I'm going to let him decide on the boxset. It seems like Grey's Anatomy had the biggest following and enthusiastic response. I'm curious about this "McDreamy" guy everyone keeps mentioning.

That's all for now.

Happy Easter greetings going out to my family and friends out there. I miss you Mom, Jay, Laura. Please give Dad and Amber a hug for me.

I hope everyone is having a great Easter Weekend.

signing off.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 11:33 AM |


14 Comments:


At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

It is REALLY freaky how cats will look at humans sometimes. Like they know something we don't, or they can read our minds or something. That old village you guys went to see is so neat! Wow. Happy Easter, sorry you are feeling homesick.

At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

What a perfect day! Seems like the two of you are making the most of the time you have left in Germany. ;) And, personally, I would go with CSI (the original - not NY or Miami) or Nip/Tuck. Of course you can link to me. I'm glad you liked the Percy item pics.

At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hello Clarity and Eric. Beautiful cat, beautiful walk and a beautiful little abandoned village. So much so, the village, that I am a bit surprised that it is abandoned to the degree that it seems to be. No squatters! I hope the two of you have a pleasant Easter. The Easter walk sounds like a nice way to spend the holiday. (Mine will be with family, food and lots of chocolate). Best regards, and once again a happy Easter to you both. (Oh, and despite that the decision is likely already made, my vote would have gone the way of the Sopranos--New Jersey crime family--good stuff) Olaf.

At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The deer! So cute! I want to kiss her nose!

At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Cool village. I don't know why, but it reminds of the smurfs for some reason....I can hear the theme music now, la la lalalala la lala la la...------Sorry, due to a massive tootheache, i've been drinking way too much whiskey.....I'll go now - Happy Easter, Ms. Clarity.. :)

At April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

oh, hey. i figured out what my friend meant about coffee presses being "dangerous". The glass ones can break in your hands and injure you because you have to press so hard. And the plastic ones carry a danger of chemical leaching... "This beaker is made of type 7 plastic. The advantage of having a plastic beaker is that it is not breakable. On the other hand, type 7 is one of the plastics, along with types 3 and 6, that increasing numbers of scientists are recommending against, because of the chemicals they may leach. Type 7 leaches bisphenol-A (BPA), a suspected hormone disrupter, and perhaps also phthalates into hot liquids (such as coffee). Some scientists believe that these synthetic estrogen-like chemicals are causing the early onset of puberty and other health side-effects. Read the article titled "Puberty and Plastics" from the Dec. 2003 issue of Mothering Magazine, paraphrased at the site: http://www.deliciousorganics.com/Controversies/plastic.htm. Or read "Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Own Fertility, Intelligence and Survival? A Scientific Detective Story" available on Amazon. It will make you think. Although glass can break, it does not pose these potential dangers to your health."

At April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

HAPPY EASTER YOU TWO!

I hope you enjoy your easter walk today and post pictures afterwards. That's a really cool village and beautiful deer photo. Let us know which Boxset you ended up with.:) -- You will LOVE greys anatomy!

Time to go see the relatives. ugh! Call me tomorrow if you get a chance.

-Mary

At April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hi could you please post the name of the village and where it is in Gemany. Thanks a lot

Ian. (American in Leipzig)

At April 17, 2006, Blogger Unknown 

Belated Easter Greetings ;-)

At April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

That is why I'm a dog person rather than a cat person. Cats have an agenda, dogs just think you're great. Your day out looks gorgeous, the baby deer was so cute. Hope you both had a lovely easter break, love Vicola

At April 18, 2006, Blogger Holden 

I like your shots. they are... honest.

you shouldn't pay any attention to the cat if you don't like it bothering you. I've 2 cats. They are troublesome, but I think I love them.

Hoho.

At April 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Happy Belated Easter! Hope you had a good day.
I'm just catching up on people's blogs, and wanted to say that I have a coffee maker similiar to the one you got, and I Love it. It does make great coffee.

good luck with the cat - I would totally let it in the house (and then I would probably end up regretting that)

At April 19, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Your cat pics made me miss my cats and I've only been at work for a couple of hours! ;-) Man, I love those little buggers, even when they're annoying.

I'm highly jealous of your weekend. Those woods were so cool and the little village? Too fun! I want to go hiking, but suburban Detroit isn't exactly a hotbed of good hiking.

At April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Wow nice town. I didn't know something like this existed in Germany, and I'm German :) I would have thought all of the furniture would have been stolen and/or full of graffiti.



<body>