Thursday, April 13, 2006
April showers
The topic for thursday challenge today is "Round"

Image hosting by Photobucket

I snapped that picture today in the Garden just before we headed to work this morning. It's one of the many ornaments and crystal balls scattered through out. That's me and Eric in the reflection.

Today was a rainy cold, wet, and damp day...





The sun emerged from the clouds for a few minutes during my walk to the grocery store this afternoon.

I took a photo just before the threatening clouds once again rolled over and it began to downpour. I ended up getting entirely drenched. I returned to the office soaking wet, with water dripping off the tip of my nose and my shoes squeaking loudly. I kept sneezing..my allergies are acting up horribly and I feel like crap. It hasn't been the kind of day I feel like recapping in detail.

****

"Cha Cha" came to visit us again at 4:30 A.M.

I heard her paw tap the window and her sad little meow. This time I didn't move the curtain, shift in bed or make a single sound. I just lay there frozen.

She meowed for a few more minutes, then she just gave up and sauntered away.

It's heartbreaking, but it's not my permanent home. I can't do anything, she'll have to settle for her wintergarden bed. I'll bring it up with my boss when he returns from Easter vacation.

This morning we made it up to her by feeding her some gourmet Sheba cat food and petting her for a long time while she purred. She seemed content and gazed at me with half-open eyes.

oh, and you know what they say about cats and dogs?
Dogs have masters, cats have staff!
-Spinster

So true...

After receiving notes and E-mails about the coffeemaker in my previous entry and everyone insisting it was a French, I looked at the box again.

The German packaging insists it's a "Brazil Coffee press" -- I'm trying to figure this out.

"No, It's definitely a french cafetierre", One of my German friends said. "You should write to the company and correct them."

But what's the difference?

****

Since I feel really under the weather today and tomorrow we have off for Good Friday... I thought we would run over to Karstadt and get a new boxset. I'd love to just lay in bed with a wad of tissues and relax with a good T.V. series. The problem is: I'm not sure which one to get? To give you the line up of our previous T.V. boxset adventures. Over the past months we've seen: The Muppetshow, Lost, and Dallas. Our friend recently lent us O.C. season 2. As great as it is to make fun of the superficial problems of rich kids in Orange county. It gets old very fast....

I've been away from America for a while and I'm out of touch with the new shows of today. I'm clueless. Maybe you can help?

Which television boxset out of the following line up is the BEST choice? (these are the ones that are mentioned most often in everyone's blogs - so I'm assuming these are the greatest shows out there - also they are the ones with the biggest resale value on Ebay.)

1. Desperate Houswives
2. Greys anatomy
3. C.S.I.
4. Sopranos
5. Nip and Tuck
6. Law and Order
(No I haven't even seen this show yet either..yes I'm really behind)

Any help would be appreciated.

Greencard update: still waiting....

 
posted by Clarity25 at 3:10 PM |


20 Comments:


At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Greys Anatomy! McDreamy is worth it. Oh yes. It's really funny, smart, bittersweet and romantic. I think you will like it a lot.

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Yeah, I'd go with Grey's Anatomy also. It's actually a pretty good show, albiet kinda girly... ;)

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

DH or Gray's. Both are primo :)

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Greys Anatomy hands down!!! Then I can watch it too!

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Desperate housewives always leaves you wanting to see the next episode and then the next... I've never seen Grey's Anatomy so I can't say anything about that show.

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

i've never seen grey's anatomy or DH. we like to watch sopranos. and i also like nip/tuck and law & order SVU.

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

If you're into medical shows, I recommend either House (drama) or Scrubs (humor). CSI is also an amazing show...

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Nip/Tuck is my vote.

I just typed a HUGE email to you on myspace and then my internet went down and I lost it all. I'll try and recreate it.

Have a nice, relaxing weekend!

At April 13, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

I'm with taneruk, House or Scrubs. Scrubs is hilarious (and it has Zach Braff) and House can be funny in its own way.

At April 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Okay, I love Grey's Anatomy, it's more about the characters than a medical show like ER. But, I am also very hooked on CSI and Law & Order SVU. As for the others, I can't really speak on those.

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

We've been hooked on CSI but there are different ones (miami, NY, etc). I don't remember which one we liked best, I think it was miami.

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

b/c i don't watch much tv, "desperate housewives" is the only one of those i've seen. i am addicted. as you know, that and american idol are the only shows i actually plan to watch every week. people seem to LOVE "the sopranos" though, so that might get you good resale value. i noticed some people suggested "house" (was it on the list?). anyway, just recently i accidently caught one of those shows and i loved it. i am newly addicted to that one (with the two shows i have seen of it!). it is great. another new show i caught one of last week that had me cracking up is "my name is earl." it's only a 1/2 hours show, but it was really damn funny, i am going to try to catch that more often.

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

omg I LOVE my Desperate Housewifes!! I didn't start watching them until the end of the first season, but the first one I saw...I was hooked! Plus when you come back to America and watch them on Sunday nights Greys is right after them so you get them both!

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love CSI, all of them, but the original and Miami are my favorites. House is really good as well, he is very sarcastic, but you get a glimpse of humanity in him somewhere. Desperate Housewives.. well, if you like soap operas that are so overdramatic its completly fake..but thats not my cup of tea :)

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I recommend Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, or Sopranos.
But, it really depends on what you're in the mood for.

Desperate Housewives - Evening soap opera, but less drama and more comedy.

Grey's Anatomy - Great show, another drama-comedy that's more about the lives of interns than the medical stuff.

Sopranos - well, it's the mafia. Enough said.

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

J'adore the pic of the red ornament!!! You seriously rock! I just cant get enough of your photos! *baby tears streaming down my checks* My photo blog wont be up and running till I get a new computer:(

But GREY'S ANATOMY all the way!!! I only watch 2 shows on tv and that is one of them! We are similar in age...I think it appeals to our generation the most. And Dr.Mcdreamy is soooo worth watching! But I look forward to my Sunday nights hard core. :)

Sorry bout the allergies. My daughter has those...and I got the cold flu on our first rockin week of spring...so I feel ya. Feel better soon!

At April 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

They're all very good, but I'm bored with DH...but I love Nip/Tuck!!!

At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The only one of those that I've seen is Grey's Anatomy. I really like it so yeah, that one.

At April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I would have say C.S.I., the original, not New York or Miami. Grey's Anatomy does have McDreamy, but I'm not sure Eric would enjoy it. I know guys like CSI.

At April 19, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

I'm no help at all on this question as I don't watch TV, generally. I watch my Netflx movies, Ellen and Cash Cab and that's pretty much it. Although Welfl highly recommended (he nagged and nagged and nagged) Babylon 5 and I have to say that he was right. I'm only on Disc 5 of Season 1 but I'm completely addicted and hate having to wait for mail to bring me my next fix.



<body>