Thursday, March 16, 2006
Vision
The topic for this week's Thursday Photo Challenge is Vision.





The eye close up on the left is Eric and that's me on the right.

Eric's eyes fascinate me. You see, My own eyes consistently remain Burnt Umber with specks of Raw Sienna (a.k.a. BROWN) But Eric's are always changing. Somedays the yellow takes over nearly his entire iris. It gives him this cat-like appearance. Other days the blue spreads out and the yellow is just a tiny ring in the center. Somedays his eyes are simply green. I really believe that eyes are the window to your soul. I see an entire universe when I gaze into his.

It reminds me of hubbel telescope shots


***********


Despite our financial struggles, stress and all the packing we have to deal with right now, we're still trying to make the most of our last few weeks in Germany..

This afternoon we left work a little earlier than usual and walked up to the castle. I handed the camera over to Eric this time, because I wanted to see his vision. I'm always the one behind the lens. Here are a few of the photographs he took.


The forest looked so beautiful with the sunlight coming through the trees. It was like walking through a fairy tale.

This is the view of our town. We live close to that church.

Image hosting by Photobucket>

These 2 are my favorites.

Image hosting by Photobucket

That's the castle.

****

Snoozie-girl sent me a link to this article today.

I excitedly called over Eric when I read it "Dallas is going to be made into a movie!!!", I said "Guess who they want to cast for J.R. Ewing?"

Eric: "Philip Seymore Hoffman?"

me: "Oh...He'd be good, but kind of...creepy...No... John Travolta!"

Eric: "That's perfect! ...What about Sue Ellen?"

me: "They want Jennifer Lopez"

Eric: "No, She'd be a better Pamela"

me: "I agree.." I said "Oh and Luke Wilson might play Bobby"

Eric: "They should use Owen Wilson!"

me: "*laughing* Exactly! He already has the long curls, they just have to dye his hair brown!"

Eric: "Nicole Richie would be perfect for the role of Lucy"

me: "Or Paris Hilton"

Eric: "But Paris Hilton has no brain and looks like a mosquito."

me: "hahahahaha"

Eric: "And Jock?"

me: "It doesn't say"

Eric: "They can just use a sock puppet for him, All he ever says is "Now, I don't like it."

We're such dorks, We're actually excited about a remake of Dallas. It's time for me to log off, we're going to watch the final two episodes of our box set.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 2:50 PM |


12 Comments:


At March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Beautiful pictures, especially the Sparrenburg one. Did you ever take a tour into the vaults? Hope the sunshine will stay for your last weeks there......

At March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I too am a brown eyed girl. The colour of Mars Bars Ive been told, they sometimes get a bit more amber or have gold flecks. My sister though has eyes like Eric's. One day they will be bright sky blue other days they can be purple,grey,green and any combination of.
I have been told my eyes get really dark almost black when Im angry or sad. I never think to look at my eyes when Im in either of those moods though.
Great photos(I see you used the office camera for the eye shots!)

At March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

John Travolta would make a great J.R. Ewing!

Loved the eye shots and Eric has a nice eye in photography too.

I just sent you some pictures from our vacation. Check your E-mail

At March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Clarity, I saw Dallas Episodes at the video store and thought of you. Take care!

At March 16, 2006, Blogger MJW 

You might enjoy: Ultimate Dallas

Also: This one

Finally, the real Dallas spinoff: Knots Landing

I'm not into nighttime soap operas, so Dallas never did it for me; however, I am into nostalgia, so I'm glad you're watching it.

There was one nighttime soap opera that was not trashy in the least. In fact, it exuded sophistication, class and style. I still consider it to be one of my favorite TV shows of all time: Homefront. Naturally, it's high quality was a sure sign that it would live a short life (1991-1993). The linked article is six years old, but it is as timely as ever. Be sure to note the list of stars who got their big break in this show. I only regret that it is not on DVD yet.

At March 16, 2006, Blogger Ian russell 

i've heard some say they can tell your fortune by the patterns in your iris. your eyes look great! i'm thinking, how about a whole series of different eye shots?

At March 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

the barneylupus fish.......that is the name of my blog clarity....i told you i was going to write so there you go .....my link is htp://journals.aol.com/michellestg5/the barney lupus fish/...i think i wrote that right!!!!!you are the computer genius not me so if i get lost and cannot find it you will have to let me know how to go back to it again

At March 17, 2006, Blogger Holden 

Hey, my fave's the pic of the Sparrenburg castle. I lyk the mood the image gives off - a silent sentinel; aLways there.

And I don't have eyes like Eric or yours.Mine's too dark to see any changes unless there's enough light.I think mine's called Black.. =)

At March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Beautiful eye photographs!
-Katie

At March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Wow, the eye pictures are great. I never realized how eyes resemble telescope/satellite photos, but you are right. My eyes are blue (kind of grey-blue), but they are fairly changeable, I guess like Eric's? Sometimes they are grey-green or turquoise. I even had an ex-boyfriend who swore my eyes were green, not blue. When I cry, they are bright, bright blue. Avocado's eyes are brown, but they are this clear brown, almost like amber. His eyes fascinate me.

At March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

It's amazing how much eyes can tell. When I look into my brothers eyes, I feel so connected with him, almost like I feel what he feels and I think what he thinks. And yet there's so much mystery.

Great how you can see the reflection of your eyelashes in your eyes. Maybe you can make some pictures of your and Erics eyes as a whole eye, not only the iris?

At March 17, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Love the idea of Luke Wilson as Bobby. And John Travolta would be perfect as J.R. But keep any anorexic socialites out of it! I'm sure they can find someone who can actually act to play Lucy. ;-) Are they going to shoot JR all over again?



<body>