Sunday, March 12, 2006
A walk in town
I wish there was a home remedy to clear up ear infections. Friday night I began to feel some pressure in my left ear, Today the pain is unbearable. I'm not much fun to be around at the moment.

This morning Eric and I walked into town to buy breadrolls and I took my camera. The weather is slowly getting a little warmer and the snow is melting. There is still a cold wind, but the skies were deep blue and the sun was emerging from behind the clouds. We walked hand in hand over the cobblestone pathways.



If you're curious, The sign reads: Pedestrian zone. 6-10:30 is 19-22:00 delivery traffic is allowed. Bicycles are allowed to be ridden on this pathway only between 20:00 and 9 A.M. .... But SLOWLY!



this is the center of the altstadt (old city)







We were peering in shop windows and I stopped in my tracks when I saw this dress...



"That dress is so beautiful!"

Eric made a face and started laughing. "What?! Oh god, NO..", He protested "That's downright ugly. It looks like one of my grandmother's curtains after years of smoking in the livingroom"

"What are you talking about?!"

Okay, C'mon..somebody has to agree with me on this. Isn't that dress stunning? Alice, Jenn, Crystal, Michelle. Gentry....Anna Marie??

*crickets chirp*

Right then, moving on... I can't afford it anyway.


That's our Sparkasse Bank. We found out that our bank account is in an even more sorry state than we thought.

Or "Spark Ass", as my father called it during his last visit.


and this is where we buy our morning breadrolls. The cafe.

****

We managed to sell a number of our boxsets on E-bay. That was a good way to bring in some extra income and a great idea. The only problem is that most of my boxsets were brought over from my trips home to America. So they're in English without German dubbing and don't play on all German DVD players. (different country codes). That's making it a tad bit difficult to sell in the European Ebay.

A sincere thank you to everyone that ordered my Artwork from the CafePress. Every penny helps right now and it meant a great deal to me. Some people sent me E-mails this week to tell me that their orders just arrived. Thank you guys! I can't quite express that enough!:)

I'll leave you with this. We've been doing a lot of packing for our move this weekend and going through some old keepsakes. I found this...


That's a ticket stub from the first concert Eric ever went to! Yes. that is indeed MCHAMMER live in Dusseldorf. hahahahaha!

Of course I can't laugh too hard, My first concert at age 15 was the opposite extreme: Marilyn Manson. Yeah, My Mother thought at the time that it was a female lounge singer or something. She didn't know why I returned with my clothing torn and mascara smudged.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 3:54 PM |


23 Comments:


At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

My first concert was Vanilla Ice. It think I have you both BEAT!

I loved the pictures of town and the dress. How much did it cost? I sent you an E-mail.
-Leslie

At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

i love the dress. it is amazing.

At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I have to agree with Eric. It does look like grandma's curtain after years of smoking and fading in the sun. : ( Sorry. The pictures are amazing though! I hope you are feeling better today. Maybe you need an antibiotic?

At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

hello clarity...me again..y first concert was melissa etheridge..with jenna and tara...yup my mom had no problem with me going..but it was in n.y...madison square garden..and i can still say it proudly!!!i loved it!!!my other concert was my future ex-husband..eminem...whom i still adore !!i wear that shirt proudly even though it is a little worn out....as for the dress..you always have had a ..umm..diff...taste then me ..i guess it is nice!!!well i love you hope to talk to you soon....hurry and come to america!!!!!eric tell her to pick up a phone and call as soon as your number changes!!!!

At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I like that dress! I would totally wear it. Also -- "Spark Ass"? HAAA! I would NOT be able to bank there with a straight face.

At March 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I think the frills on the bottom of that dress are what ruin it for me. Other than that it's a cute shape and color. I love all your pictures, by the way.

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I think that dress is gorgeous! With some flip flops it is a fab summer day dress and with a pair of sparkly heeled sandals, a dress to dance in at night. God I wish I had enough money to buy clothes. Being skint is shit.

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

You would look so lovely in that dress, Clarity.

I would look like was going to a country hoe-down or something. I'm kind of on the fence about the frills. You know what I mean?

I went to NKOTB at age 12. Now THAT is hard to confess!

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

That dress is gorgeous. I want it!

My first concert was Cypress Hill. I was 17. What's so funny is that my mom wouldn't let me go see NKOTB when I was 12 or 13 because she thought there would be drugs there. But she let me go to Cypress Hill?! (I think it's because my little brother somehow convinced her that they were a Christian rap group. Ummm, OK.)

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The first concert of my choice when I was 13-14 was Sonic Youth.
That dress with some simple leather sandals is perfect summer material. Its also the same silouette as my apple dress.
Im in love with a polka dot dress right now. Its 400 dollars though..its my weight goal dress..(when I lose the weight Im going on a shopping spree as a present to me.)

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

My first concert was something called the "89x Birthday Bash" - Staind, Sum 41, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and a few others played.

It was so cold, we called "Puddle of Mudd" "Muddle of Pudd"... because we were chattering so much.

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I just ordered the Percy cap sleeve t-shirt and a mug. Hey, I need a work mug anyway. I'm so psyched to get my order now. ;)

At March 13, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

I see Eric's point on the dress - I think it's the eyelet ruffles, but I liked it. I can totally see you in it and it would look spectacular with you in it and Eric would see it differently. Remind him that dresses look differently on people than on hangers or even mannequins.

Dang! I think Tara's older than me! My first concert was Bob Seger and I was 14. What can I say, I live in Detroit. My father didn't want to let me go because he was certain I was going to come home a potsmoker. I didn't.

At March 13, 2006, Blogger The Queen 

Gorgeous pictures, Clarity! You and Eric are reminding me too much of Paulo and me right now. First, the thing I mentioned in your d-land diary, and now this dress. I think it's gorgeous, but I know Paulo would say the exact same thing Eric said about it!!! WTF! xoxo - me

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The dress... well, it's not as bad as Eric says. I wouldn't call it stunning though, either. It's pretty. (I haven't worn a dress since September of 2002 so I'm not exactly well versed on that stuff, though!) ;)

My first concert was Slipknot, before they were popular. I always wanted to see Marilyn Manson in concert, well when I was a teenager anyway. I'm jealous. haha

Have you searched online for home remedies for an ear infection? There must be something out there that can help. One thing that my brother used to do (he had ear infections all the time when we were kids) is mix 1 part alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with 1 part peroxide. Use an eye dropper to put a few drops in and wait for a couple minutes. I've never tried it (never had a reason to) but it used to help my brother quite a bit. ♥

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Anonymous is correct in the peroxide remedy, I forgot about that one. Although it does create an annoying popping sensation in your ear as peroxide tends to do. Anyway, peroxide tends to attack bacteria and other crap fairly viciously, so it may work. Hell, I might even recommend straight-up peroxide in your ear.

As a precaution, though, I wouldn't recommend trying more than one remedy at once (unless it's the tea tree oil+eucalyptus tea that I emailed you) - meaning, don't put more than one in your ear at once.

But for god's sakes, keep that ear warm! Stay inside until it's gone!

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I do love the dress as well. Anything with eyelet lace. On Saturday I saw an eyelet lace cream shirt in Old Navy with a wrap around waist tie and Zoltan said it looked like a carpet. Men!

At March 13, 2006, Blogger MJW 

For me, that dress is like one of those optical-illusion puzzles. When I first looked at it, I agreed with you that it looks really nice. The more I stared at it, though, the more it started to look like a cross between some kitchen curtains in an old farm house and a dish towel (you can imagine how I laughed when I then read that Eric thinks that it looks like living-room curtains). Intrigued, I continued to look at it, and once again it became a very attractive dress (I'm not making this up). I could imagine how it might look very elegant on the right woman -- or not. It's weird how I can see both the beautiful and the ugly in it.

At March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

That dress is interesting, kind of vintage and kind of feminine and... A bit something. Those are some wonderful pictures! Lovely place you live in and the red phone reminded me of London. *Sigh* Geez! Make sure you save me some Percy goodies! Hugs!

At March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

My first concert... David Bowie Diamond Dogs tour...(talk about dating myself..) I have to agree with Eric on the dress...sorry...

At March 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

We are seeing the dress through a window so there is a strong association with curtains there. Might this be your new Thursday Photo Challenge - Vision (window, etc.)? It certainly relates to Vision on many levels.

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The dress is super cute. It looks like Chloë. And my first concert was the Go-go's.

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

i love the dress too:)



<body>