Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Self-portrait Tuesday
all-on-paper, and Khya participate in a project called "Self-Portrait-Tuesday". It looked like fun, so I thought I'd have a go at it.

The subject this month was "Time", there were a lot of options of ways to approach this. The one I found most interesting was this one:

photograph the clothes you wear - document every change of clothes

So for a week I snapped a photo of what I wore each day. I tried to take the photo at the same time each day. This hasn't exactly been a week of "high Fashion" for me (I'm wearing painting clothes in almost all of the shots) but I figured it would be interesting to look back on in the future.


Tuesday - making scrambled eggs in the morning. White striped shirt, faded green pants


Wednesday - Black T-shirt, White shirt underneath, blue jeans.



Thursday - On the phone, Striped T-shirt, White shirt underneath, Dark brown jeans.


Friday - Took a break from painting, wrinkled paint-stained brown shirt, light brown courdoroy jeans. I don't know how long I intend on keeping this particular image up. I don't like the angle or the point of focus.


Saturday - I was in a bad mood, and sick from an ear infection. Black shirt, white shirt underneath...not sure what pants. I didn't even care.


Sunday - Another bad day for me, Good thing my face isn't in the shot. Old shirt, beige pants.

Monday - Weather is warmer, mood improving. I just returned from a doctors appointment and was resting in the house. White tank-top, blue jeans


Tuesday - That's what I'm wearing Right now. This picture was taken earlier today. White shirt, Baggy Beige pants.

So there you have it.

I'm feeling a lot better than I was this weekend. My ear infection is clearing up.

Tonight was Gutrud's birthday party, held at the chinese buffet. We had sushi and drank cocktails. It was a fun night and I'm beat now.

*****

I'm going to crash, but lastly, Here is a photo I received in an E-mail of my friend, Kathleen. She's beautiful. I cropped the image to protect her privacy however.


I was so thrilled that she sent this. I can't tell you how exciting it is to see your own original artwork on a shirt and worn by a good friend. This is a first for me and It totally made my day! I excitedly called Eric over to the laptop and he was in awe too. "That's too cool!"

Thank you again for sharing that, Kathleen:)

Update: I just read the recent comments. Yes, the Cafepress shop is still up. You can find it here.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 5:46 AM |


11 Comments:


At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love the Monday photo. The lights and darks. The way your necklace captures the light. I have the same tank top. Cool pics! I'm going to try that now.

Are you still taking orders from Cafepress.com or am I too late?:(

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Ah, Clarity. It sounds like as the weather's improving - so is your frame of mind. Glad to have you back Sweets! xxx

At March 15, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Thanks for cropping that. No need to show the world my hideousness. ;-) Just kidding! I just wish my brother had let me see the picture so I could pull the shirt a little straighter. Ah well. I love my Percy shirt! And highly recommend the raglan T.

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Atleast you manage to wear different things each day...if I did that I would be too embarrassed as all my clothes are either the same thing in different colours or just the same thing worn again. In highschool though I would have had 3 or 4 photos a day, I used to change my clothes several times a day-I lived across the street from the highschool-I used to also run home during a class or between classes and make myself something to eat.
I used to bring grilled cheeses for my favorite art teacher during my spares.
Oh when your back in the US check out the Canon Powershot a620, enter it in flickr to see some shots my runner up camera is the Sony Cybershot p200(I think thats the model, it looks like yours but is 7mp.) I guess you just have to decide if you want your shot to have power or be cyber.
You should post the cafe press link again.

At March 15, 2006, Blogger The Queen 

I want a percy shirt! I want a percy shirt!!! xoxo - me

At March 15, 2006, Blogger liz elayne lamoreux 

i love the lighting, the angles of these photos. and so interesting how you only included the clothes...a little glimpse into who you are.

thanks for your kind comments on my blog and for stopping by!

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I can't find the link for the Percy store.

I'm glad you're feeling better! Nice photographs!
-Janine

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Great entry. And to Kathleen, well done, very cool. It was nice to see one of the shirts in action/use. Maybe this will become a trend, percy shirts from around the world.

At March 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Aha, you've been lured into Self Portrait Tuesdays. It's incredibly addictive... I have to say I'm getting more comfortable with posting photos of myself. Okay, they're not all that daring, but it's something.

At March 16, 2006, Blogger jkirlin 

You commented on the extent of my self portraits. These make a GREAT series though. And I love how you only wear black and white...

At March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I still say, "nice rack".



<body>