"If Eric's papers don't arrive by April 3rd, You are free to stay with my family... we have some space in the basement"

This was the offer our boss made yesterday. It's a relief to know that we'll have somewhere to live if Eric's Green card doesn't arrive in time. I just hope it doesn't come to that. However, the way things are looking right now...it just might.

All of Eric's friends have small apartments and it would be hard for us both to squeeze on their sofas. Eric's guardian mother also has a flat too tiny for both of us. We simply don't have that many options.

Ugh. Stress.

****

At least we have a new project to work on at the office. I think my despair would be a lot worse if we weren't still working part-time.

I snapped some photos on our way to work this morning. The one thing I really love about Germany are all the sculptures attached to the old buildings. Everywhere you look, there are angels, gargoyles and faces protruding from the architecture..



Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket



Image hosting by Photobucket



I saw this new spray painted message on the side of a building leading into an empty alleyway. It made me stop for a moment and contemplate the meaning...


Image hosting by Photobucket


"Only three things in life are certain... birth, death, and change"
-Proverbs

"Isn't it the moment of most profound doubt that gives birth to new certainties? Perhaps hopelessness is the very soil that nourishes human hope; Perhaps one could never find sense in life without first experiencing it's absurdity.."
-Vaclav Havel

"Every goodbye is the birth of a memory..."
-Dutch Proverbs

*****

My friend, Sarah told me that reading my photoblog made her want to move to Germany. That surprised me. However, Germany is NOT for everyone...

So on a lark I made my own online quiz for anyone considering moving or visiting Germany. This test will help you figure out if this is the country for you. It was fun to make and really easy.
There are three possible outcomes, I took my own test and this is what I ended up with.


Germany is a place you could bare....MAYBE even enjoy.
Germany is a place you could bare....MAYBE even enjoy.
Should you move to Germany? Click here!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

"When you buy your ticket to Germany you might not want to cancel your lease agreement back home right away...

Maybe your skin isn't thick enough, Maybe you just don't enjoy cleaning enough or you're too shy to talk about certain subjects.

You would enjoy good food, solid friendships, strong coffee and 6,000 brands of excellent beer. But it's just not all there is in life for you.

A good training ground to be a better German might be a visit to a nudie beach, a trial membership in Fight club, or a hiking expedition. Remember to broaden your horizon with regards to different ways of life and become more of a stickler when it comes to orderliness.

You might have moments where you feel a little bit like the main character in "Lost in Translation", but the country will grow on you."


That's only slightly better than my first attempt at making a quiz last year. Here it is for those that missed it the first time. It's laughably bad and according to the site 2,226 people have taken it. There are 5 possible 90's characters you could end up with.


You are Casey from "Mad Love"
You are Casey from "Mad Love"
Which 90's movie character are you? Click here!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You're spontaneous, Idealistic and impulsive. You tend to jump into things without thinking of the consequences. But your life Motto is "Seize the Day"
Okay..So maybe you're...a little crazy. Aren't we all? At least you're fully LIVING. You have no regrets. You're a free soul.


If anyone takes either of these quizzes, let me know what you received. I'd love to find out the results. You should try making one of your own, it's easier than you might think.

Alright, Logging off for now.

 
posted by Clarity25 at 4:16 PM |


27 Comments:


At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I got Angelina Jolie from Hackers. It turns out that Germany IS the place I'm supposed to move to! Something for me to consider, huh?
-Leslie

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Yay. I could...maybe enjoy Germany. I guess I'll settle for visiting it one of these days...

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Apparently Im to pack up and move to Germany right away! I think its because I can mop stairs.

Well Im glad that you guys have a place to stay. You are so lucky to have such a great boss.

You know you never told me what the face of the mad baker from awhile ago was about.

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

GERMANY IS NOT FOR ME!

That HUGE sad face made me feel like I failed! hahaha!

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Everytime I visit this blog I am enchanted and mesmerised by your beautiful pictures. Gosh, you're talented! You should consider selling prints of them, I know I would save for several of them! And I know I'm not the only one.

Now! The test was so much fun! I laughed like crazy with many of the questions, especially this one: "Are you on time? No. But I think being a half an hour late is polite!"

I got... "Willkommen in Deutschland!! Germany seems to be the ideal place for you to live!"

Hah! Who would have thought! It's so much fun! Thanks for making this quiz, I really enjoyed it! Big hugs and much love!

BTW, Did you see a message I posted for you in a previous entry? It had a little question for you...

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I got the same result as you re. moving to Germany. I can mop staircases, but am likely to burst into tears if people are rude to me. Maybe I'll stay here, for a little while at least... For the other quiz I got Celine from "Before Sunrise". I've never seen the movie, but the description sounds pretty accurate. :)

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'm Celine from "Before Sunrise" - I haven't ever seen that movie but I will have to now, I guess. :) Also, I got "Germany is NOT the place for you!" Which I think has mostly to do with the fact that I don't drink coffee, smoke, or drink alcohol... or like to run around nude. I am clean and organised though! Hee. I wouldn't want to live there anyway but I'd like to visit someday.

You're pictures are gorgeous, as usual. And I really hope Eric's green card comes through so that you don't have to live in your boss's basement. But at least you know you won't be on the street now! ♥

At March 22, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

Apparantly, Germany seems to be the ideal place for me to live! But, I'm seem to do ok no matter where I go. I would prefer Russia though, and conditions there are a bit more harsh.

At March 22, 2006, Blogger Unknown 

I got the same thing you did for the Germany question, and Celine for the other one. I've never seen the movie though, but it seems to fit right.

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Clarity, I'm scared because I took both quizzes and got the same results as you on both of them. I swear, I'm not some crazy stalker taking quizzes and trying to be just like you!

At March 22, 2006, Blogger Azhar 

Beautiful pictures again,all of them!My favourite is the third because of that beautiful corner of clue of the sky and those gleaming etched letters on the building.Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog (The Daily Sunrise) - Thanks for your comments!

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I got Celine from "Before Sunrise" and apparently I would be miserable in Germany. I guess the not drinking or smoking or drinking coffee had something to do with it. Cute quizes :)

At March 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I got the same as you on the Germany quiz, and I was Celine from "Before Sunrise". Now I might have to actually watch that movie...hehehe. :)

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hi Clarity!! Apparently I am Lelaina from Reality Bites (not sure whether that's a good thing or not!) and Germany would be the ideal place for me to live. The major stumbling blocks to this being that a)I don't have a job there or any money and b) my German is limited to being able to say 'Good morning', 'five' and 'you are a whore'. Three phrases which even if combined are unlikely to lead to anything approaching success!

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

clarity....i did not take the personality quizz...but....germany is the place for me to move to.....i think it is because of my thick skin ,smoking and tendency to walk around my house nakey(as the rugrats would say!!!)the only thing holding me back is my inability to speak any foreign language....plus the no desire to learn....english is the only language that is of import...everyone should learn it!!!lol.....have you read my blog yet?...NO!!!well run do not walk over to my blog....i am impressed with it if i do say so myself.....it is actually turning out okay....call michelle...you miss her!!!
love...
well if you do not know i am not going to tell you

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Well, apparently Germany is the perfect place for me to live. Hmmm! On the 90's personality test, I got the same answer as you did.

At March 23, 2006, Blogger JulieU. 

I got the same results as you, I'm thinkin' my inability to skinny dip may have taken me out of the running.

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I was told to steer clear of Germany, I would be miserable.

I like English. Call me crazy.

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hahaha, well. Germany's the place for me, but I saw that coming. You know, I love the honesty! You get what you see. When I go back to Germany and a cranky cashier entirely ignores me I get this dorky grin, like, "I'm home!" That's why I'm trying to move into the city as soon as possible... people there are too busy to be polite, and somehow it makes me feel more comfortable. In small American towns everyone's all over your business and overly friendly to the point where it makes me uncomfortable. It's normal for even a German to be offended once in a while, but that's the beauty... you have the right to act that way and test how thick the skin of the other is right back, or the right to develop a kind loving patience and choose not to (although the only example I've ever seen is my Oma). My favorite part though? Anytime I was walking through a crowd in Giessen and heard someone say something really, really stupid... I'd think something sarcastic, only to hear someone right next to me say my exact thought REALLY LOUDLY right at the person. Now THAT... is Germany. [/rant]

At March 23, 2006, Blogger The Queen 

Hey Clarity, I am writing it right now, but check out my newest diary entry when you get a chance to see my results to your quizzes. :) xoxo - me

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Ha ha Clarity...I took the 90's actress quiz,and I don't know about everyone else, but it was really right on for me....I just quit my job yesterday, which is pretty out of character for me since i don't have another one lined up and don't care or plan on looking right away...want to do something else but don't know what..hahaha...here's my results:

You are Lelaina from Reality Bites
You're in a transitional period right now in your life. You're trying to figure out who you are and where you're heading. It's scary, but at the same time you're able to enjoy life while you struggle.
You're down-to-earth and funny. People describe you as "Cool" and enjoy your company.
You'll figure out the meaning of life in time. Just take it all in stride, day by day.

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Here are your results!
When you buy your ticket to Germany you might not want to cancel your lease agreement back home right away...

Maybe your skin isn't thick enough, Maybe you just don't enjoy cleaning enough or you're too shy to talk about certain subjects.

You would enjoy good food, solid friendships, strong coffee and 6,000 brands of excellent beer. But it's just not all there is in life for you.

A good training ground to be a better German might be a visit to a nudie beach, a trial membership in Fight club, or a hiking expedition. Remember to broaden your horizon with regards to different ways of life and become more of a stickler when it comes to orderliness.

You might have moments where you feel a little bit like the main character in "Lost in Translation", but the country will grow on you.

Germany is a place you could bare....MAYBE even enjoy.
Germany is a place you could bare....MAYBE even enjoy.


Hmmm.......interesting....

At March 23, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Oh crap, that was Angelina Jolie? Bummer. That's who I got this time around. I also got the same as you on the Moving to Germany quiz.

I'm so glad you have a place to stay. I've been worried. My uncle is going over to Germany quite regularly and I told him that the next time he goes he has to take you and Eric out to dinner. He just looked at me as if I were high. ;-)

At March 23, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

I got Celine from Before Sunset the first time you had that quiz up, which made me put it on my Netflix queue. I highly recommend it to all who got Celine, but haven't seen the movie.

At March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

ha! aparently i am DESTINED to be in germany. ha! maybe a visit one of these years!

At March 23, 2006, Blogger warcrygirl 

My results were steer clear of Germany. Bwahahahaha! I'd rather go to Ireland or England, anyway.

At March 29, 2006, Blogger Mike B 

Ditto on the photos ... they are nice.

I got the same result as you. I don't begin to enjoy the day until some old lady has beaten me over the head with her umbrella, but I don't smoke and don't disrobe so readily at the nudie beach, so I'm supposed to take Germany on a trial basis.



<body>