Saturday, January 21, 2006
What the hell is that?
That was my first response when I viewed the newest member of our family.


It looked like a cross between a gerbil, rabbit and a squirrel. It began hyperventilating, making the weirdest little gasping sounds and trembling when I moved closer. This little fellow is incredibly skittish and on edge.

"That's Medeas, My Chinchilla", My sister, Laura said.

"Aren't Chinchilla's expensive?"

"150"

"hmm..what does she do?"

"She eats...and jumps", She said "She doesn't smell, she rolls around and..(pause) she's cute"

She IS cute and soft. She has a sweet temperament. The rest of the pets in the household don't quite know what to make of her though.



Britain's Cosmopolitan magazine: "It can take up to 100 chinchillas to make one coat and Jennifer Lopez has one made of 80 of them, all killed by electrocution or having their necks snapped.

That's disturbing.

For Eric: I hope you feel better today. I'm feeling a little stressed out, tired and on edge. I miss you so much..
 
posted by Clarity25 at 12:06 PM |


9 Comments:


At January 21, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

I think I'm taking up chinchilla farming. Do they breed like rats?

At January 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

chincillas... those are so gangsta, right? just kidding. your sister is right, it is super cute!

secondly, you should post a shot of your hair. just a pice or comething, because i understand the no fac shot. i am curious of the color!

and, what you said seems to sum up my feeling exactly. the dark is just not "me." blonde fits me.

At January 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'd be more horrified about the poor animals and the coat if I wasn't so afraid of animals. Anything with teeth bites!! arg, I'm such a pansy:)

At January 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

lmfao. "what the hell is that?"

I love Chinchillas. We had one in Biology when I was in high school. Sweetest, fuzziest little guy EVER. We used to let him out and run around the room...

About to make a huge picture update on my journal. w00tzers.

At January 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'm posting anonymous, but I'm hoping you can figure out who it is. :) The login is little and the password is secrets for my private diary.

Btw, I said the same thing out loud when I saw that picture... "What the hell is that?" Never seen one before. She is very cute.

At January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hubby and I had a chinchilla for a short period of time. We were watching it for a friend while she moved. The cutest thing is when they take dirt baths!
~Lisa
sand and fog

At January 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Because your hair colour is so light normally whenever you go darker find the colour you want and then go 2-3 shades lighter.

Omg I want a chinchilla in my pocket! soo cute!

At February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

[IMG]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/angelwifey/chinchillatelivisionism.gif[/IMG]

chinchillas are funny. I prefer guinea piggies:)

At February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

crap. it wont show up! shy is that?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/angelwifey/chinchillatelivisionism.gif



<body>