Sunday, May 28, 2006
New York, New York
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Thursday morning I took the train into Manhattan to visit my sister and her boyfriend.

Here are some photos I took during my walk to their apartment building

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


When I reached the apartment, Percy was the first one to greet me. He ran up to me the minute I stepped out of the elevator. His whole body trembling with excitment, tail wagging and tongue lolling. I missed the little guy.

Unfortunately, He was feeling under the weather later because he tore open and ate an entire bag of Gummi-bears. Here's a pic of him on his sick bed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


It was so great seeing my sister again. We went shopping together, and then had some sushi and Saki in the late afternoon.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


when we returned home, Mr. Big bought champagne and made dinner. (Steak, Asparagus and Salad) he's quite the cook. *I heart Mr. Big.*

We drank, talked, laughed and played card games until the early morning hours.

I woke up the next morning to the sound of cooing... I slowly blinked open my eyes and saw two pigeons perched on the fire escape staring blankly at me. The window was open and the sunlight was streaming in. I was laying on the futon in my sister's livingroom. I felt this complete happiness at the realization that I was home in the states with my family again. I'm living here now and it's not just a visit. It suddenly hit me fully.


******

Eric, this next part is for you.

While I was walking to my sister's apartment thursday morning, a woman on the street outside the Adidas shop handed me a flyer. I didn't really bother looking at it until I was standing at the corner waiting to cross the street.

The flyer read: "Meet the German Soccer team, FC Bayern Munich tomorrow at 3 P.M. A rare American appearance. Talk with the members and get their signatures!"

Now for those that don't know. Eric is a big soccer fan. Everybody in Germany worships soccer. It's huge in all of Europe. This year the World cup is taking place in Germany. it's beginning about 3 days after Eric has to leave Germany and join me in America. So Sadly he's missing the huge event.

When I saw this flyer, I was pretty excited about meeting the most famous soccer team in all of Germany and getting their signatures for Eric. What are the odds of them being here in New York only 5 days after I left Germany?!

So we were there on Friday and we saw that the line for signatures stretched around the entire store! it led upstairs and to a part we couldn't view. We just saw camera flashes and reporters going upstairs. After a long wait, they announced that a lot of people would NOT be able to see the team and that the time is out. We were right near the stairs and we just made it in before the closed off the line.

We ran up the stairs and we were able to meet the team. I have all of their autographs! (well, minus Oliver Kahn and Michael Ballack, of course. They're in Switzerland.) They were so sweet, friendly and funny. Some of them were flirting, winking and joking around with me and my sister. The whole experience was really exciting.

Honey, I wish you were there! But here are a few pictures I shot. Sorry they're blurry, I forgot to turn on my flash.



those two were really funny... I have some pictures where they're laughing with us, but it's a complete blur because they never stayed still.

As we left, we saw some crazed fans running up the escalators that were going down. They were frantic to get signatures and determined to catch the players before they left. We saw them leave on their tour bus five minutes later while a crowd on the streets watched.

But we have two signed posters. Tell K. that one is for him.


****

It was a nice trip to Manhattan.

Here is a picture of Percy traveling on the subway system. He's sitting on Laura's lap. He was enjoying the ride.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


For the record, Percy is a big shot in Manhattan now. Everyone on the street knows his name and stops to pet him. He gets so much attention just when you take him on a walk. I think it's getting to his head a bit. he wags his tale and walks all proudly.

****

So now we're all here together as a family for memorial day weekend. I have to log off, there's a lot I need to do today.

Eric, I miss you so much!!! Call me when you read this! Only 8 more days until we're together again!
 
posted by Clarity25 at 12:42 PM |


13 Comments:


At May 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

It's so good to see everything working out for you guys!

At May 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Percy is so cute!!

I liked the New York pictures and that's great that you were able to get signatures for Eric! have a Happy Memorial day weekend

-Lucy

At May 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I am so happy for you! Knowing that things are finally working out for you and that you are happy really makes my day.

At May 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

yay, new york! And: those soccer players = hot.

At May 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I LOVE soccer players!

At May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

So, what's up with that guy in the apple costume?

At May 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

So Napoléon and I are going to be in NY in the end of July. Do you think we'll get to meet this famous Percy?

At May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

How tall is Manhattan? All the buildings are hugely tall and thin! Britain isn't really like that. I know what you mean about soccer (or football as it's called over here). British men are mental about it to the extent that some of my friends have dumped girls who demanded they spend more time with them than watching football. It's a pain in the arse, especially at World Cup time when they insist on watching every single match.

At May 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Even as a non-soccer fan, but as one who pays attention when the World Cup rolls around, the entire team's autograph is really cool. Just had to laugh at your dog's appetite for the sweets -- your sister's fingers still attached and not mangle by Percy?

At May 30, 2006, Blogger The Queen 

LOL! I could not stop laughing when I read that Percy was sick because he ate an entire bag of gummi bears! And that picture! hahahahahaha too cute! xoxo - me

At May 31, 2006, Blogger Beaman 

Great photos. One of the photos of the church next to a modern building reminds me of a scene in Berlin.

I can't wait for the football World Cup!



<body>