Monday, May 15, 2006
Charcoal portraits
A lot of people have suggested I offer portraits to raise the funds for my ticket home and to help us out of this financial hole we're stuck in.

At first I was hesitant. But my resistance has been pounded to shreds, partially by all of your caring letters and I can't see an argument anymore if you guys could really look at this as a business transaction and you really would like to have a portrait. I decided to give it a shot because that would help us so much right now: I will take fundraising portrait jobs.


So I imagine you'd like to see an example Charcoal portrait. (so you don't think I'm going to send you a stick figure drawing)

Here you go:

This is a portrait I did for Kristina of her little girl.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here are a few more examples

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


All the portraits are 11 x 14 and done with charcoal pencils + vine charcoal on Strathmore paper. It's sprayed with a protective coating after completion so it wont smudge.

I originally wrote a longer entry with a whole bunch of unnecessary information. I've decided to keep it short and simple. If you're interested in commisioning a portrait, just send me an E-mail at Clarity_new@yahoo.com. The paypal account is just set up to receive payment for a portrait assignment.

. Thank you so much in advance to anyone that orders a portrait and helps us out. It means the world to us.


*****

By the way, Believe it or not, Eric is still working on answering 3 questions for his next Guest entry. He's just having a problem choosing. I'm sure he'll figure it out. I suggested he just do it in chapter installments on a weekly basis.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 4:23 PM |


9 Comments:


At May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Wow! I knew you were an artist but I didn't realize you could draw like that!!

I wish I had that kind of talent:). I'll E-mail you tomorrow.

At May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I used to do pencil portraits and charged 35 dollars for them I can see now, I kind of cheated my clients. I was nowhere as good as you.

I wish you luck with the endeavor Mrs. Clarity. If I had the money I'd order two or three. :-)

At May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Amazing artwork!

At May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Awesome stuff, Clari, but you haven't watermarked the images or anything to prevent someone from stealing them. :\

At May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Blimey Clarity, that's some talent you have there. Those are fantastic! I'd love to get a portrait done as a wedding present for M but am skint at the mo. For a change. But things are beginning to finally pick up a bit so if I have enough come payday will be in touch about it! Good luck.

At May 16, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Oooh!!!! Finally! I'm so excited. Now to figure out what I want done!

At May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

WOWZERS!!!! I am blown away at your talent!!!! And this is soo perfect...I was looking for someone who could draw a picture of my family for my parents 20th anniversary! I just have to get in touch with my sister and let her know about this!!! I will email ya soon! I so excited!!! :~)

At May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

These are fantastic! Expect an email from me.

At May 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Gosh, I sooo need one of those! I have dreamed for a long time of owning a Clarity original... Hmmm. Now, please send an apology to Eric for not sending questions yet. But! I have some good ones on mind and I'll post them soon! Big purple snow hugs and much love to you both! =0)



<body>