Sunday, May 14, 2006
The Final Stretch
"Should I stay or should I go
If I go there will be trouble..
If I stay there will be double"

"I always thought the phrase "If I stay there will be double" meant that there'll be two of them, that they'll be together, doubled up. Hmh."
-Acorn

I had never interpreted it that way before. It made me think.

I'm still in Germany.

I decided last minute not to take that flight back to America.

Everyone had urged me to be persistant with the airlines and it finally paid off. I received a partial credit that can go towards my next airline ticket. After calling so many times and pleading so much I jumped on the offer. Finally someone had compassion and was willing to bend the rules a little due to my circumstances.

So I'm staying in Germany for our Green Card interview. There were incomplete forms, we couldn't find an English notary and I can't mess up something this important. I need to make sure my husband can immigrate into America with me. As much as I was looking forward to seeing my family, It was the responsible thing to do. Our entire future depends on this interview.

I'll be flying home next week. I just have to raise the extra money for the difference in the price ticket. This calls for some ingenuity, but we have each other and I know in my heart I'm doing the right thing. It makes the most sense.


****

I have a massive headache due to a little accident this morning. My head is still throbbing and I'm dizzy. I have a nasty huge purplish swollen lump that is painful to touch and I need to lay down. I'll write about it tomorrow when I'm feeling better. It's easier to laugh about incidents like this in retrospect when you're not in pain.

****

On a closing note...

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

You deserve only the best on your special day, I wish I could be there with you right now. I can't really describe in words the depth of my love and appreciation for you. So I'm not even going to attempt it in a photoblog. You know that you are my bestfriend, That never changed and never will.



I'll be home soon, Mom. I love you

Today is also my Sister's birthday

What is so amazing about my sister is that we can be apart for months but when I see her again, it feels as though no time has passed. We just understand eachother. She lives life fully and I'm so proud of her. (she just won a literary award and completed her first novel)



So happy Birthday, Sis.. I saw this video and thought of you. "The Pixies" + sisters + camera. It's good to know we're not the only ones that do this. It made me laugh and reminded me of our times together in Germany.

We would blast "Where is my mind" and crowd around the bathroom sink cracking eachother up. There is nothing that can replace the love and understanding between sisters. You can strip off your mask, let go and be your truest self. We can lay around like sloths with knee-high striped socks and pink wigs. Watching Sex in the City, drinking champagne and eating Happy Hippo snacks like it's going out of style. (only stopping in-between bites to complain about how we're gonna get fat) Who else in the world could I EVER do that with? I can't wait to see you again

Only 7 more days.

When all of this is over and I'm on that plane home, I'll be filled with such relief. It will be cause for a huge celebration with my family. This is the final mountain to climb here in Germany, Then we can start our life TOGETHER in the United States.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 1:33 PM |


9 Comments:


At May 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

:)

word.

At May 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

It sounds like you made the right decision. Good luck with your upcoming interview!

P.S. That's a fun video. My sister and I are like that too!

*Hope your head feels better. :)*

-Lucy

At May 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Toes still crossed.
Yes its getting a bit uncomfortable, but those shoes that are always too tight are fitting great!

Im that way with my sister(s)(including bestfriend and foster sister)

I got a camera!!
Beware!!

At May 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

WOW! Tears streaming down my cheeks, my heart filled with so much love for you and all my children! Thank you for making me feel special! That was so sweet!

At May 14, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

*speechless* I think you made the right decision, as hard as I'm sure it was. Good for you for not giving up on the ticket! Even getting partial credit is awesome, I know how hard it can be when it comes to nonrefundable things. Good luck with the interview! *hugs* Jen

At May 15, 2006, Blogger Kathleen 

Day late, but Happy Birthday to Laura!

At May 15, 2006, Blogger The Queen 

OMG I am so happy and relieved that you stayed. You made the right decision. I am so happy for you!! Good luck at the interview! xoxo - me

At May 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

(I meant thank goodness about the flight. you did the right thing) :D



<body>