Wednesday, February 15, 2006
A work day
I'm feeling a lot better than I was earlier this week and I'm slowly regaining my health. I'm not 100%, but I'm getting there. Yesterday I went outside for the first time in 5 days and it was good to get some fresh air again.

Today I took some cough medication and walked to work with Eric in the afternoon. I'm catching up with some of my projects. I'm still pretty behind. I only have about a week or so to wrap everything up, than we have to start clearing out the studio area and our job here will be basically over. There will be no new projects coming in for our department and the company will changing it's focus. This is due to the fact that we were supposed to be in America already, but due to this Green Card situation we're stuck in Germany. If we hadn't told our boss we were leaving 7 months ago, we would still have our current job.

What happens now? I can't really say.

At any rate, a friend asked me to post some pictures of my work environment. I think she had this idea that I worked in some huge barn in the country side in a pair of overalls..or something. It's not quite as romantic. Here's a glimpse..I just took a few shots.


That's my painting corner, where I do portrait jobs, illustration assignments and such for Eric to scan into the computer. This afternoon I just began a portrait job for a client, What you see there is the ugly first stages. (Blocking in the main colors in acrylic and sketching out the composition). Most people never see that. I have 5 days to finish it, as you can see..I have a ways to go.

The portrait on the wall was drawn by my father back in the late 1960's, early 70's. I take it with me everywhere. My father taught me everything that I know, that picture reminds me of him. It's been over a year since I've last seen him.

That's a postcard I found at "The Cafe Wunderbar" my first month here in Germany. It's been hanging up by my easel for 3 years.


That's the art and sketching table. Eric and I meet there to draw out ideas or talk about projects.

That's the light table. We do all our traditional animations frames there before we scan them into the computer.

That's a list of things we have to teach the new intern and the headphones.

We also have three computers in a separate room connected to the studio, this is my view of Eric from where I'm sitting right now and typing this.

We basically had this area to ourselves, with exception of interns coming in and out. The graphic designers and programmers work upstairs. It was a great job, and we loved working in this Multimedia company, but I need to return to the states.

Our job and our life here in Germany is coming to an end. I'm going to miss it, more than I can even express in words. It's rare to find a job where you can work side by side with your husband.

****

Loopy showed me an interesting site yesterday called the Johari Window. It's a personality awareness game where you get to see how others view you versus how you view yourself.

You can tell me what you think of me HERE. It would be interesting to read your responses. Also, it contains directions on how to set up your own Johari Window to send to your friends or put on your website. You should definitely check it out.

I cleaned up my template a bit, the comments section is still up...it's just really tiny and in the right hand corner now. Time to head home from the office, it's late and we're done for the day.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 1:52 PM |


17 Comments:


At February 15, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

Happy as a pig in shit that you're feeling better!

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

So glad your out of bed! You didnt mention it but were you in the area of Germany that got piles of snow?
I was watching the news and they were using snow blowers on roof tops!!
The last 3 places I have worked have had married couples at them..all of them were creative environments.

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'm so glad you're doing better! Your studio looks awesome. :)

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I tried to fill out your Johari survey but it said the server was too busy, I'll have to check back in later.

Loved the pics and the template.

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Glad you're feeling better, C. Probably something you picked up on the plane. Smooches. xx

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

The picture done by your father is beautiful. Is the artistic talent on both sides of your family?
Glad you are feeling better, take it easy though, your immune system has taken a battering from stress over the past few months.

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I'm jealous. I wish I had that kind of a work area.

Also, I wish I had that kind of talent. ^_^ lol


Either way... here's a question. Were you still smoking while you were sick?

I'm wondering if that didn't delay your ability to get better faster. Anyway, VERY happy to hear you're out of bed.

I made a Johari Window, also. Linked to it on my site - everyone's welcome to contribute if they have a moment.

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

*whew* i'm glad you are okay :o)

At February 15, 2006, Blogger GoingLoopy 

I'm glad you're feeling better...and I always love seeing artwork in progress. The picture your dad drew is gorgeous.

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I filled out your Johari window. It's funny, I picked 4 of the same ones Eric did and 4 of the same ones Jay did. I made my own, and I'd love it if you provided your input.

http://kevan.org/johari?name=DaniYelly

Jay made one as well, so I'm sure you'll be getting that one too. You'll be a busy Johari girl! :)

Glad to read you're feeling better!

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

First, I'm sooooooo happy that you're feeling better. :)

Okay next- I've tried the johari window thing about 45 times so far (only a slight exaggeration) and every time it says "Try again later - Server Overloaded" so I guess I'll try again. Later. :)

And last- thanks for the last comment you left me. You're super sweet. ♥

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hey there buddy! What a great space you have in here. I'm sorry I haven't commented in a year but silly me forgot you also had this space. Duh! Big hugs and much love! =0)

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

PS: Still very shocked about the Percy incident, but I still love him. He he he...

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

by the way, thats me, i dont want you thinkin that was a real troll...in hindsight it seems a tad insensitve....sorry :-D

At February 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

omgz, I had to paste this site to you. It's SO neat.

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

Sounds nasty, but check it out. It takes your photos and blows them up HUGE - poster sized - and then cuts them up.

You can print them on a home computer.

I can't wait to try it out :) I think I'll do it tomorrow while I'm at college... and use their lazer printer. bwahahaha.

At February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hi! Thanks for tour last comment... I'm happy you are feeling better. Thank you for taking us on a tour of your work space, it's very neat and tidy! As for your dads drawing, wow, he sure could draw, now I know where you got all that talent from! Take care and have a nice weekend! ((hugs))

At February 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I wanted you to know that I picked Observant I wanted talented and I thought "an artist is always really observant." which is also true. I wasnt sure if observant meant in the visual way or the spiritual way....



<body>