Sunday, February 05, 2006
The final day
Today is a new day. My last day home.



The weather is beautiful.

Last night My mother, Amber and I had to attend Bingo Night at her Catholic school. It was the Bingo game that never ended and since it was "Italian Night", they played "The Godfather" soundtrack in the background on repeat. I glanced at my watch every fifteen minutes, only to discover that merely 2 minutes had passed.

Now I'm packing up my suitcases and washing my clothing. It was good to be home. My only regret is that I didn't get to spend enough time with Laura and Jay. Laura could only visit during the weekends and Jay was very involved with someone else. But I enjoyed our fun nights together as a family. There were some amazing moments. I looked around the table and realized that nearly all of the family was together for the first time in over 2 years. If only My father were here...

I also regret not spending more time with my friends, (like Tara for example). One night hanging out together wasn't enough. I think I was trying to juggle too much, instead of just letting go and relaxing a bit more.

I think back at the events of the past few weeks and some of them make me laugh and shake my head. Being Bullied by Percy is one of those events. Everytime I think back to that morning, I can't help laughing. I was knocked over by a pug. Apparently he has flipped out on all of my family members at some point when they tried to remove his chocolate, but he really IS a good dog. He just has...issues.

Right now I'm feeling sad about leaving. Especially looking into my sister, Amber's tear-stained face but I'll be back in only a few months. Time goes by so fast...

To Eric: I Love you and I'll see you tomorrow at the airport.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 8:39 AM |


7 Comments:


At February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Have a safe trip back to Germany!

At February 05, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

I know how hard it is to try to see everyone as much as possible when you're home. It's frustrating and it tires you out. I hope you have a great trip to Germany and that you an Eric have plenty of time to "catch up"

At February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Have a good flight, be careful. Oh, and Eric? Hair grows. Just don't tease her too much - or she may shave her head. (Okay, so that's something I'D do.) Too bad you didn't stay long enough to make it up to Detroit for the StuperBowl. (see my diary for my commentary on the festivities... w00tzers)

At February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Have a safe trip home.

At February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I hope your trip back to Germany is (was?) good. Enjoy your first day back with your handsome husband. ;)

At February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hi Clarity, just been catching up with your news. Unlucky about the haircut, I remember going in to have a haircut and emerging with what could best be described as a redneck mullet. I was devastated and wore a hat for months but it did grow back! Have a great trip back to Germany and so glad you're going to be back with the charming Eric! Love Vicola x

At February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Safe returns!



<body>