Thursday, February 02, 2006
Hanging out with Amber
I've been spending a lot of time with my youngest sister, Amber during my visit home. We're kind of attached at the hip and she follows me everywhere. Even though she can be demanding at times, She's really a blast to be with. We're always laughing, gossiping about school, connecting Nintendo DS, reading and drawing together. I'm awake at the crack of dawn, and dragging her out of bed. She's a handful in the morning..

She's cranky, because she puts up a fight when it comes to going to bed. She doesn't want to sleep if she sees that me or Jay are still awake. She'll find excuses to get out of bed. "I just need a glass of milk..." "Wait, I just needed to get something real quick" "I can't sleep.. I have to tell you something important"

But I love her like crazy and I'm going to miss her so much. Some of my best times in the past few weeks have been with her. We just "get" each other and I see so much of myself in her.



I received a lot of great book, film and music suggestions. I'm in the process of putting all the song selections on one burnt CD, I really liked all of them. Here's a rundown of the ones I've received. (If you like a particular song -- You can click on the link to see the person that recommended it)

"Only this moment" - Royksopp
"Hide and Seek" - Imogen Heap
"High" - James Blunt
"Beautiful" - James Blunt
"Toast" - Tori Amos
"Pretty Good Year" - Tori Amos
"Smile like you mean it" - The killers
"Suffragette City" - David Bowie
"Moon River" - Breakfast at Tiffany's soundtrack
"Clap Hands" - Tom Waits
"My Desire" - Jeremy Camp
"Everybody knows" - Leonard Cohen
"Atmosphere" - Joy Division
"Talk"
"Annabelle" - by Bon Scott
"Good Friday" - Black Crowes (locked journal)
"Open your arms" - The editors (locked journal)
"Diamonds on the souls of her shoes" - Paul Simon & Ladysmith black mambazo (Thanks Rosie)
"You've got a friend" - Carole King (Thanks Fifi)
"Unwritten" - Natasha Bedingfield (Thanks Dawn)

I'm open to any more recommendations, Thank you to everyone that helped out!:)

Eric: I'm returning to blond and I'm going to get my hair cut tonight, instead of just a trim..I'm thinking of cutting a bit more off. Sort of like this:


What do you think? Speak now, or forever hold your peace.

* I love you.*

 
posted by Clarity25 at 3:01 AM |


16 Comments:


At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Yummeeeyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait. 'doing push-ups right now.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hey, if you cut your hair, I want to see a pic!!!!!! That hair cut looks real cute.
As for sisters, couldn't live without mine, even if she's a pain in the a**!
Enjoy James, he's soooo good!

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Do it!!
One of my "treats" for losing weight is when Ive lost 15lbs Im cutting my hair...Im not sure how short but definately shorter.
Although I look at photos of me with longer hair and think "why did I ever cut it to this medium length?"
My hair is at this medium length and its just there.
Get yourself a good hair repair mask for your hair if your going to bleach it...put it in throw a shower cap(or wrap in plastic) on it and wait awhile. I like infusium for drugstore brand and Redken makes this amazing repair serum that is a bit of $ but is hair magic.
You have to post a before and after photo.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Haircut-very gamine style. Bet you'll look great.
You will post a pic, won't you?
Great b/w shot of your sis- for some reason, looks very retro/1950's. She is lucky to have a cool big sis!

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

OOOO! I loves it! I love that british poppet look. Its beautimous.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Jay downloaded the one song I'd totally recommend to you (in fact, I may have recommended it already): My Konstantine. Steal it from whatever location he downloaded it to and put it on your CD.

Barring that, definitely get "For Blue Skies" by Strays Don't Sleep. It has a mournful dreamlike quality to it.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

call your best friend!!!!!!!!!maybe you will get this since you get none of your other messages!!!!

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Sounds like some one's gonna feel left out if she dosn't get featured! lol

Just kidding.

Your pictures are the best though - the one with the pug magzine had me rofl. How come Amber always gets dressed up like some kinda southern belle? She looked like that too as our flower girl, lol. Does anybody see what I mean or am I just crazy as usual.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

btw WHERE IS MY BOOK RECOMMENDATION ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

oh, sorry,...those are songs.
Emberassing, that was like the family guy. bit overworked.

(I am spaming)(my deprevation of you is starting to eat my brain cells)

At February 02, 2006, Blogger Stacia 

I love the cut. Actually, it's kind of like the one I have now. Short it always sexy: it leaves the neck open for attack!

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Eric, I'll call you..and "Anonymous" (hmmm...I WONDER who that could be...) I'll call you too, I also wrote you an E-mail. Sorry guys, I've been napping this afternoon. Laura, I'm waiting for you to come home tomorrow... than you'll get an exclusive post dedicated to yours truly. Thanks guys for your feedback on the haircut. I'm leaving now to chop it off.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I need a hair cut too. I'd never go that short though, with Riley "the magnificent hairpuller" around I need it to be long enough to ponytail. :) I'm sure it will look great on you. Eric sounds like he is going crazy without you, haha.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Note: Hair grows.

At February 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I screwed up on the name of that song. It's "You're Beautiful", not just "Beautiful". Oh well.

I think that haircut is really cute! You should do it! If it turns out badly, it will grow.

As for the sister thing, my sister and I have been getting along better than ever, though it's still not great. It's wonderful that you get along so well with your siblings...And that you're so gifted in taking pictures of them.

Anyway, I've rambled enough. Take care!

At February 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

You know, I think that haircut would look awesome on you. I really don't know what you look like exactly, but I can picture just your PERSONALITY with that cut, if it makes sense. I'm glad you're having so much fun w/your sister. I always wished for a sister, but I have just brothers. It's so cool, though, when you can see some of yourself in a sibling. Sometimes it's scary, too.



<body>