Sunday, February 12, 2006
sick day 3
I was too sick to even upload an image into my photoblog yesterday. My intention with this personal project is to take a photograph every day for a year, it's not as easy as I anticipated.

I did snap an image though, Same view...different day



This is the worst case of the flu I've had in a long time. I'm as sick as a dog. I spent another entire day in bed yesterday, just sweating, having nightmares and mumbling into the pillow. Eric sat by my side despite how I kept irrationally pushing him away in my fever-ridden state. He gave me lemon tea, ice pops and hot soup. My throat was too sore and swollen to speak much and the room would spin every time I tried to sit up. My lips are so dry, my nose sore from all the tissue paper friction and my body feels like a huge bruise. Even my fingers hurt...

Yeah, I'm looking really hot today...

Thank you for your get well wishes though, It brightened my day. Sbellem, You're right...watching Bewitched DID make me sicker.

Who would have thought?

That movie was bad. It took only 2 minutes until Nicole Kidman's attempt at a cutesy Marilyn Monroe voice began to grate on my nerves.

I watched that show religiously on Nick at Nite from age 8 to 11. They butchered it.

On the other hand, The original show is just about a woman with magical powers who married a dork that tried to repress her because she threatened his masculinity. I just have memories of her repeatedly apologizing for using her powers. I always thought to myself "I hope I never marry a man like Darren"

But I digress. I see a pointless rant coming and I'm not in my right mind to type in the first place. The computer screen looks blurry because my eyes are watery.

Any ideas of something fun to do when you're too sick to actually focus on anything, but too bored to just stare up blankly at the ceiling?? I'm going to crawl back into bed, I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open. I was just hoping to accomplish something today. I'm feeling so low.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 2:46 PM |


11 Comments:


At February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Sleep is what I was going to suggest... so yeah. Do that. I hope you're feeling better soon. ♥

At February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hope you feel better, Sleep is the best option. You've probably been sleeping all day though. Maybe you can try reading a good book. I'm sick today too, and I've been laying around doing nothing.

At February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love radio 4 when I'm too sick to think straight. You might be able to get the listen again stuff on the internet on the BBC site - it's just talking and no music, and the afternoon plays and things are great as it's like being read a story but without anyone else having to be there for you!

I watched bewitched on wednesday too, and was strangely overcome with lust/jealousy for Nicole Kidman. I don't know what that was about, but I couldn't watch the film properly. I think looking back it might be a good thing.

I hope you're feeling better soon honey. *hugs*

At February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Get well, sleep lots...your body obviously needs a break. I know this is a boring suggestion, but it's not like I'm gunna suggest to go out and party!

A hot toddy (whiskey) might work: boil up some water, add a shot of whiskey (which I normally HATE) stick in some sugar, a lemon slice, with whole cloves studded into it...I dunno why, but it can help sweat the cold out of you. ;)

At February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

sleep. Drink plenty fluids, too.

At February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Hey... ya gotta find something to be cheery about. That may be what got you sick in the first place - being upset over all this BS. (Which, by the way, I think will clear itself up soon enough - how is that going?)

Cheer up, and I bet you'll find yourself getting better instantly. Rent a *funny* movie. (Like... a tried and true funny one.)

As for accomplishing something... wanna do my homework?

At February 13, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

You should paint!! Fever painting are awesome!!

At February 13, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

At February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

When Im sick and sleeping is no longer an option I pull all my quilts onto the sofa and watch something that requires no brain power.
I havent had a real bad flu in years but when I feel a cold coming on I start drinking lots of orange juice and green tea with honey. Has to be honey, not sugar, at honey soothes the throat.
My mom used to make hot toddies with rum and its best to use honey in them.
Get well soon!

At February 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

^^ Whoops. Looks like someone was being a dick.

At February 13, 2006, Blogger Clarity25 

No, The author of the comment deleted it because it was an accidental double post. All comments are sent to me, So I even see the deleted ones. No one was being a dick.:). So far I haven't had any problems in that department.

Thank you everyone for your caring words. I think I'm going to buy some whiskey and make a hot toddy. I've definitely been sleeping..a lot. It's just the empty hours when I can no longer sleep but can't get out of bed that kills me.

Alice, I took your advice and watched something brainless. (The simple life). I also played some SIMS on my laptop in bed, that took my mind off things for a while.



<body>