Monday, February 20, 2006
A Rainy Day in Germany
Sometimes everything can feel so hopeless and out of control in your life. You just want to close your eyes and hide under the sheets.

Then some good news comes in that gives you hope. We received some of that tonight. Unfortunately it will do little for our immediate situation, but put us in a better place a year from now.

Eric is feeling a little bit better than he was yesterday. He has a stronger immune system than I do and doesn't suffer from the brunt of flu symptoms like I do. Hopefully it will stay that way...

Today was a rainy and dreary day in Germany. This morning on the way to work I snapped a few photos of the path we take every day. It's a 15 minute walk to the office.


Here is a rare view of the street we live on...

This is the church around the corner...

Past the church is a small park we walk through with a river...


Then we follow the cobblestone pathway into the Altstadt (Old City) I love this building, it's one of the oldest structures in our city. It remained the same after hundreds of years.


This is our path through the Altstadt. It's also where I buy fresh breadrolls in the morning and do most of my food shopping.


Then we pass the German Highschool (RatsGymnasium) - we affectionately call it "Hogwarts". For the record..I can't imagine attending a Highschool that looks like that. My highschool in America was just a huge ugly rectangular structure.


We walk through an underground tunnel that leads to a residential area, filled with Cute German houses.



Then just around this antique fence...


...is the multi-media company we worked for and then it leads back into the city.

So now you have a visual. We've been walking that path to work for three years. This is our last week walking it.

UPDATE on Percy:

Okay, Percy is alright. I found out more details about the situation. Initially, I had a hard time believing this because I heard he downed an entire container of tylenol. I was shocked. But apparently no one knows for certain how many he ate, They just discovered it torn open when they returned home. It could have been a very small number of pills. Percy vomited twice, they took him to the hospital and he received Charcoal treatment.

The little fellow is now home and back in full health.

I shouldn't have implied that he needed to seek therapy. It's only because he's just been in and out of the hospital so many times. But My sister noted that, He just eats everything he comes in contact with. It's not necessarily a sign that he's self-destructive or troubled.

Maybe what we could use is a professional dog trainer/communicator with years of experience that could help him get on the right path and curb some of his uncontrollable impulses.


He's a good dog. He gets confused but he has a huge heart. That's all that matters. I love the little guy, He's fully a member of our family, and I'm happy he's alright.
 
posted by Clarity25 at 2:22 PM |


10 Comments:


At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I love the photos you posted today and I'm really happy to hear that Percy is okay:). He's so cute!

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Beautiful photography. I visited Germany last year on a school trip. I loved it. What part of Germany do you live in?

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

If you find a way to stop Percy eating everything in sight, do you think you could pass on teh secret to me?! Sunday I managed to put away an alarming amount of food becasue I was feeling a bit down. I wish I could stop that!!!Glad you and Eric are both feelin a bit better. I'll drop you a note later hopefully if work calms down... xxx

At February 21, 2006, Blogger warcrygirl 

Heh, I should send you a picture of the high school I graduated from. It was built in the 1920's and the first time I saw it I asked where the gargoyles were.

Yeah.

At February 21, 2006, Blogger Nightmare 

Great pics! But I love the one of Percy! it reminds me of that old street tuff witrh the little flat cap, usually played by some grumpy faced mug, head looks like a catchers mitt...anyway love the pics Glad Eric is doing better, don't let him work too hard, he'll just make it worse!

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

Percy's all right?1 *ALARMED* I didn't even know he was sick! How come everyone else knew and I didn't?

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

You realise that you live in a fairytale village right? I hate that most cities in North America that have beautiful old buildings tear them down to build ugly modern structures. Right now they are adding a large glass and steel addition to the Royal Ontario Museum, it just juts out from the side of this beautiful building like a giant crystal cold sore.

Every time I see Percy I laugh a little...he is such a character.
I wonder why he is compelled to eat EVERYTHING! I cant imagine asprin tastes that good to a pooch.
Maybe he's missing some nutrient from his regular kibble diet..maybe its his way of saying
"Id like some variety please, the same kibble every day is killing me!" I imagine eating the same thing day after day would drive me to eat some aspirin.

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

I really wasn't a Pug fan until my mom adopted a Pug who really has a "dognality" (can't really write, "personality" because a Pug isn't a person)of her own. However, I think "personality" may be appropriate after seeing your photo shoot of Percy who seems to be smiling broadly in one photo whereas brooding/depressed in another. Like the old SNL skit, try "Puppy Uppers" or "Doggie Downers" as needed

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

First of all, I'm so relieved that Percy is ok! Secondly, your walk to work is amazing. I hope one day I can experience seeing the world like you have:)
Lisa

At February 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous 

So sorry that Eric is sick. Hope he recovers quickly. Also wanted to let you know that I am doing private entries now, username and password both 'betty'....*big hugs* ~ Kristina



<body>