Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Butterflies are free
Have you ever received a gift that moved you to the point of tears?

My friend Karen dropped by the other day and gave me this:



It's my favorite book. I owned this once in my life when I was 18. I found it at a thrift shop. I lost it and wasn't able to get it again. It's discontinued. Karen managed to find the first printed edition from 1969. I held it in my hands in disbelief and started crying. (which probably wasn't the response she was expecting). I was just so touched and it meant so much to me to have it again. Somehow she knew exactly what it was that I really needed right now. A reminder of who I am and what I want from life. This is a book about love. It's about overcoming personal boundaries and letting go of your fears.

Thank you Karen. Thank you for pulling the paintbrush out of my hand and getting me out of the house. Thank you for being my friend and lifting me up when I was down.

Everyone has been so caring and understanding. I appreciate all of my friends online and offline even when I can't find the words to express it adequately. I just haven't really been myself lately. I'm sorry. This hasn't been the easiest adjustment for us. It's hard to return to your hometown again after over 8 years. I know I've been difficult to reach. When I get into a slump, I distance myself from everyone until I can work through it on my own.

But I'm coming around.

I've been busy this past week. I'm in the process of renovating the house and completing portrait jobs. My goal is to finish all of them by the end of this month and send them out together. A few people asked if I'm accepting new commisions. I will be once I have all my current ones in the mail.

This is what I'm working on at the moment. I snapped a photo of my art table. I usually don't post work in progress but I guess it's interesting to see the process involved. .



I have to get back to work....
 
posted by Clarity25 at 10:57 AM |
<body>